Striking new noise/industrial

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, March 16, 2023, 09:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

I know there is topics of new releases, new harsh noise topic was couple years ago.. but that was couple years ago..  So here at march 2023, looking at fairly recent times, if the guidelines are, pretty recent releases, from new artists who have merely couple releases in their discography, what has been intriguing. Making think where this guy came from, I better keep eye on this.

Topic not means for old artists doing new releases, but new projects. Of course not so strict as we may not know always what alias someone may have worked in past and is it really new.

NÄSIÄ "2" tape
It just came out, 2nd tape from artists who has yet to do anything than... 2 tapes. First 2022, now new just came out and was listening to it yesterday. It is not absolutely perfect yet, but I find it really good in way that when you have metal junk, echo, amplifier,.. and very little else.. and you still come up with something different. It kind of makes me think Kiyoshi Mizutani at times. That there is non-violent usage of howling feedback. There is more object carving rather than "smashing". It has the room space sound. Amp in the corner, then capturing what happens in the room. You got little birds singing on end of b-side what gets surprisingly noisy. Surprising is odd to say, though.. as what can we expect from artists who has published so far two short tapes? No really idea how diverse it will get in future!

RESIDUAL "Forcing the end" 3"CD
This must have become my most listened noise recording of 2023. It is 2nd release. 2021 tape was ok, but 2023 3"CD is BRILLIANT. It really is "just harsh noise", hah. It ain't inventing the wheel, but simply something here, the nuance of sound, frantic energy, the care on detail of the sound sets into these pieces. There are interesting processing for sounds and frequencies and while tape had that "ok, more metal junk noise from Finland", which is not derogatory comment, but but just presents artists with challenge.. and now with 2023 release he displays the skills just like Tyhjä Pää CD topped his entire back catelogue. High fidelity harshness.

Other countries?
Who and what new?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Krigsverk

Been enjoying "The Insignificance of Human Life" split by Scatmother / Chaos Cascade... just brutal.

HateSermon

Gonna have to throw UL.TH.Nekrolatria "Vanitas" in here, which gained a lot of well deserved praise on this forum late last year. A bulldozer from start to finish!