showing project enthusiasm

Started by BVDP, April 27, 2011, 07:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BVDP

anyone who has made fan related materials for projects/bands/artists can post it here.
made some recently for Bizarre Uproar, Xenophobic Ejaculation, GRUNT and Pain Nail ... posting BU on request
of mr.pasi himself ... the others I just post here if Mikko doesn't want it I think he can remove my post.

Anyway I was wondering if other people have this habit of making something for personal favourite project?

BVDP

BVDP

pontifx

good job.
the XE one is just funny....

Nyodene D

would enjoy t-shirts of the grunt, halthan and pain nail...I don't think i could get away with the XE or BU stuff...

BVDP

Quote from: Nyodene D on April 28, 2011, 01:53:07 AM
would enjoy t-shirts of the grunt, halthan and pain nail...I don't think i could get away with the XE or BU stuff...

I would love to have those designs printed on t-shirts (actually they are made in my template for shirts and in b/w) so it would be possible! but im affraid from feedback I got from the artists (or lack of it at somethings) I don't think there is any interest among these projects to get those made into t-shirts.
BU or XE will probably offend allot of people and might get you into trouble, but hell I'd love to have them printed arghhh..... especially BU, it's my favourite design I think .... anyway thanks for the response on my art. Same goes for you Ponti!!!

Mr.Payne

The Pain Nail and Grunt are very nice.

XE

BVDP

Quote from: Mr.Payne on April 29, 2011, 08:55:44 PM
The Pain Nail and Grunt are very nice.

Thanks!! glad you enjoy them!

Quote from: XE on April 29, 2011, 09:09:15 PM
Fan-art new thing for me...

hehe! cool.

people interest in my works feel free to PM me. Already got one job in now and I think that will go really well.

pontifx

Ashmonger

Good stuff. I really like the Halthan one the most. And the one for XE is funny (in a bit of a sick way).

FreakAnimalFinland

fan-fiction is much more brutal genre. Normally it involves all the famous people, but one could recall the Macronympha fan-fiction from Troniks, hehe...

I guess noise has so much less "fans", but when we think even the smallest underground metal, the fans are uploading videos on youtube for bands. Making animations, slideshows or even more complex, just for spreading the stuff. I think it used to be pretty normal that people did for example their own band shirts, and didn't wait the label or band to produce one. I used to hand paint on shirts and other clothing when was teenager. Now things have changed especially in the metal scene, and it seems like people who in old times could have been into doing things for themselves and possibly couple friends, are now the guys, who actually don't do exactly the "fan art", but also cash in with silly bootlegs. You can see "extremely limited edition" shirts, hoodies, mugs (! haha), etc. sometimes with the "fans" design, sold for highest bidder. Suddenly no more "fans", but some parasites who make quick money on bootlegs or wish to gain popularity for themselves while leeching on bands. I hope the REAL fan-enthusiasm would be based simply on worship of the bands, with no such gaining mentality attached to corrupt this otherwise decent phenomena.

Almost same with punk. While DIY used to be one of the core issues, I think there's now lots of these merchants who may not ask THAT much for shirts, but they simply promote idea where all sides of music must be commercialized and in the end there is "consumer" who's role is just to pay.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

BVDP

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 01, 2011, 08:59:42 AM
I think it used to be pretty normal that people did for example their own band shirts, and didn't wait the label or band to produce one. I used to hand paint on shirts and other clothing when was teenager.

Well I am still a teen in a way, I also did this with some noisecore bands, like local one CSMD, who have never released a shirt. I hand painted my own shirt, looked like crap after washing 2 times but hey! atleast I had a noisecore shirt ha. Same goes for some patches of noisecore/punk bands. Also have some friends who still do this today, painting or printing them DIY for themselves or for a bunch of friends.

For me it's a pretty 'normal' thing to do really (back to the 'fan-art' business again). Mostly this happends when I am listening to an artist or reading about/info from them and while being in that activity a whole process in my brain starts and I get idea for visuals really, it just speaks to me and the whole concept starts to emerge. Once I got this idea I 'have' too do it!!! (for personal and creative 'satisfaction') .. So when it's done I always send it to the artist(s) (if I have their contact address atleast) to show them what kind of inspiration or ideas they generate and to show my appreciation for what they do (even if they don't care about the opinions from people from the 'general public'). Some fan art got used by bands and some wanted to work with me because they saw some quality or what their music did with my creaitivity ... if you will call it that. But allot keeps unused and just displayed on-line to show what their 'fans' do.

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 01, 2011, 08:59:42 AM
Now things have changed especially in the metal scene, and it seems like people who in old times could have been into doing things for themselves and possibly couple friends, are now the guys, who actually don't do exactly the "fan art", but also cash in with silly bootlegs.

Sadly, this is true! I see it arround me or hear about it. Even some stuff goes up on eBay for high prices (even if the quality of the designs and/or used images are pure rubbish, sometimes even very poor records with mp3 masters downloaded from the internet .... Randy Uchida Group bootleg 12" for an example) just because it was some rare obscure band ... being now totally 'cult' and never released any official shirts or just a few releases etc (look at some older punk bands, japanese bands etc for example .. ). I hope it won't give anyone doing a 'fan-art' thing a shady bootleggers image.... Atleast don't let those money obsessed assholes ruin my fun!! I'm doing this for a while now and it's how I got into graphics and besides buying the few releases I can afford to show my appreciation.

BVDP

Quote from: Ashmonger on May 01, 2011, 12:14:12 AM
Good stuff. I really like the Halthan one the most. And the one for XE is funny (in a bit of a sick way).

Thank you! Glad you like it and yes hehe, most people think the same way about the XE one.