SILKEN TOFU 5th ANNIVERSARY - ANENZEPHALIA, TROUM, SHIFT, ANEMONE TUBE etc.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, April 16, 2011, 12:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

GEWALTMONOPOL

At this moment still at the pressing plant. The aim is to have this available for the show in Gent.

GEWALTMONOPOL

GEWALTMONOPOL

I will carry mainly SHIFT and Unrest Productions items with only a very limited selection of distro items on the night. If anyone attending wants anything from the Unrest mailorder please email me at unrestproductions@yahoo.co.uk.

Also, there is no presale. Make reservations via info@silkentofu.org

silken tofu

i'm very happy to announce these will be available at the show:
- troum - mare idiophonika . shirt (men's slim fit + a few girlie shirts)
- troum - mare idiophonika . button
- temple music - soon you will all die... button
- yannick franck - memorabilia . cd
- anemone tube - death over china . cd
- feine trinkers bei pinkels daheim - die legende vom heiligen trinker . cd
- feine trinkers bei pinkels daheim - die legende vom heiligen trinker . button

silken tofu

Little extra: The first 100 reservations will receive the compilation 'Magnetic Fields & Zero Dimension Planes: drone and ambient compilation', just released on Consouling Sounds, for free...

Ashmonger

Quote from: TheGreatEcstasy on May 06, 2011, 03:10:17 PM
I will carry mainly SHIFT and Unrest Productions items with only a very limited selection of distro items on the night. If anyone attending wants anything from the Unrest mailorder please email me at unrestproductions@yahoo.co.uk.
Any chance you, or somebody else, will have the Sick Seed/Shift LP with you?

GEWALTMONOPOL

The SHIFT/SS split is here on both CD and LP and will be available at the gig.

Both have been just added to the Unrest mailorder which will open again 23/5. Half of my allotted LP's are gone. The CD is seeling quite fast as well.

The 7" of the reworked Anemone Tube material by Shift is also here and will be offered at the gig on Saturday before anywhere else.

P-K

venue was nice, old brick industrial stuff, but very hot, big venue....maybe too big? warm beer :-/  delay on the schedule...

Goghal.... 3"cdr on SilkenTofu was good imho, but this was different, basic harsh pedal-noise with enough dynamics & good low end. nice!

Tzii.....third time i see him i've, each time different style, starting to wonder he doesn't have own trademark style......now it was standard 'darkambient' that didn't really grab my attention, venue too light to see the visuals .....meh.

Ghost Of Watari .....i really didn't get this. random noise thrown in the mix without focus. next!

Feine Trinkers Bei Pinkels Daheim ......noises from lost&found stuff, toys, etc.....interested, but didn't grab me.

Anemone Tube ....imho strong set, fuzz waves rushing in, not ambient & not pe. good visuals (any info on this?).....interesting. nature called to go out & eat something so i didn't see the whole set.

Shift....2 masked individuals, smoke, strobelight, .... great progression of tracks to big rumbling low-end topped with oscillating feedback, excellent vocals, synth, guitar......very strong imho. i so love this sound.

Troum....the 'drone masters' ....started out with very soft ambient textures, getting darker & ending with some drum sounds. nice sound, visuals, composition.......but again this usually doesn't grab me live, i prefer it at home, on the couch with a drink & book :-)

Anenzephalia....event running later & later, people getting tired, the 2 germans also didn't look too interested in playing? ....good sound, strong vocals, new & old tracks (the ones from Ephemeral Dawn still pop out above the rest). cold german pe. nice visuals. way too short imho.....

had a good time, beer, good talks & laughs, nice people......but i didn't expect to pay 30euro's to help dragging heavy cases of the stairs on my day of, but hey :-D

Ashmonger

Goghal: some good noise, short set.

Tzii: more ambient-like, rather good, but didn't feel really special.

Ghost of Watari: not my cup of tea.

Feine Trinkers: expected this to be pure noise for some reason, but it also was more ambient/drone alike, with some more rough parts. Quite liked this set.

Anemone Tube: this was very good, first when he came forward to do vocals, I was wondering whether they would fit in, due to the nature of the material (mind you, I wasn't familiar with AT before this gig), but with the effects used and the fact they were sparse, I think it went very well.

Shift: another act I hadn't heard too much from before, really good, vocals seemed a bit low in the mix, but maybe that was the goal?

Troum: some cool parts, some less interesting. Don't know what to say more, it definately wasn't bad, but maybe the fact it was getting late and I was getting tired was difficult to keep concentrated.

Anenzephalia: the act I was looking forward to mostly, was great. Really liked their gig alot. Definately must check more of their material out! It was indeed rather short, but with the late hour, I didn't really mind...

Good fest, cool location, but I didn't really understand why it ran so late as most of the time absolutely nothing seemed to happen between the gigs. Anyway, it was worth going to!

Ashmonger

By the way, I had expected more people would be there, think there were only about 80 people? Then again, I've got no idea how succesfull this kind of events normally is, first time I went to a PE concert. Went to some Cold Meat fests some years ago, but there it is to be expected that a lot of people would be there...

GEWALTMONOPOL

The reasons could be several. It was a week before payday and perhaps people didn't have money left after GO the week before. They don't call PE the coldest road for nothing.

I'm assembling decent pics from the event and so far found these:

SHIFT

SHIFT

ANEMONE TUBE

ANENZEPHALIA