RU-486 – Concealed Weaponry 2005-2010 cassette

Started by Plague Haus, April 13, 2011, 10:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plague Haus

At last, a full-frontal assault from stalwart US Power Electronics project RU-486. This release collects numerous previously released, but long out of print, EP’s, compilation appearances and one new track. Over 76 minutes of savage electronics blurring the lines between Industrial, Noise and PE. Filled with the looming threat of violence and as unpredictable as his live performances. Each high bias chrome cassette comes housed in a vinyl box with pro-printed inserts, a logo badge and an embroidered patch featuring artwork by Michael Page (FITH/Sky Burial).

Limited to 100.

US/Canada $12 PPD
Rest of World $15 PPD

See website for ordering details and sound sample: http://www.diseasefoundry.com/

Contact disease.foundry[at]gmail.com for wholesale pricing.

A special edition limited to 10 copies come housed in an Army surplus .30 caliber ammunition canisters with the RU-486 logo stenciled on one side. Those will be available on a strictly first come/first serve basis. These will be shipped Priority Mail and are $25 PPD. Limit is one per customer. Sorry, but due to weight and the fact that it’s an ammo canister, only domestic US orders will be taken. The ATF doesn’t have a great reputation in Texas.

Email RU486box[at]diseasefoundry.com if interested. Payment is expected within 24 hours of response. If I don’t answer, they’re gone.

Still available:

Concrete Isolation Box – C.I.B cassette $5/$8
S-21 – To Keep You Is No Benefit. To Destroy You Is No Loss. cassette $5/$8
Abstrarrakt Torrment – The Will To Torture CDr $6/$8

andy vomit

anxiously awaiting my copy.

also, anyone who doesn't have the abstrakt torment "will to torture" disc is SORELY missing out. 
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

vargrwulf

RU-486 - CONCEALED WEAPONRY 2005-2010 CS (DISEASE FOUNDRY RECORDINGS)
This is over 70 minutes of collected material from the American Harsh Noise/Power Electronics artist known as RU-486. The release comes in a box casing with collector's items such as a patch and a badge. Most RU-486 releases are around 10 minutes long, and so this collects together several of them as well as some compilation tracks and things of that nature. This opens with some of the most recent material, the 10 minute cassette "Filth Fantasies."  The content of the recordings ventures further into the direction of sexual perversion and fascination with the exploration of vice. Each of the first two tracks clocking in at just under five minutes apiece. They are similar in style to the older material on the tape, but with a noticeably more professional recording and structured sort of feel to the composition and production. Much of the older material on this release is a series of very ferocious and destructive blasts of harsh noise. Although the imagery and presentation suggests a more Industrial influence, the sounds are pure Harsh Noise often in the vein of the classic older material of Incapacitants and Black Leather Jesus. There are vocals on the material here from the cassette on Dead Audio that is reproduced on this cassette, but the majority of the sounds are very primal. Percussive elements join in with squeals and destructive anti-harmonies to make some grotesque and pungent digging layers of brutal ripping noise. There are additional sounds from the noise artist Churner (who runs the Violent Noise Atrocities label, which released some of these recordings that are on this release). Churner's presence is somewhat undetectable but his presence surely has added to some really great and weird sick noise sounds. Many of the tracks feature RU's trademark high-pitched yell, a siren-like noise that he says is directly influenced by Rob Halford. Much of the harsh noise sounds behind the artist on these tracks resembles the improvisational and ghostly tendencies of Throbbing Gristle, so the Industrial influence of this artist seems to be tapping more into the basic roots rather than the more modern conception of Industrial music. Many of the sounds on this release are of an experimental nature, and as such they are very much in the spirit of the classic tradition of harsh noise and cassette industrial type of sound, staying true to the hard work and commitment that is necessary to have in order to fully dedicate oneself to true expression in noise. Not experimental in the sense of someone who does not know what they are doing, the experiments are journeys of self and explorations of internal dramas that are occasionally displayed naked in the disturbing presentation.
I know for a fact that Thomas hates the material on the "Princess Of Rot" cassette, but it is here in all of its raw and blemished glory, a dedication to the eternal muse Lindsay Lohan. Some of the rawest and most heartfelt sounds are on these tracks, which seems to have had at least a spiritual influence-on/affinity-with some of the PE coming from the supposed "no coast" crowd. Chaotic banging and clanging mixes with a cacophony of crashing and ricocheting feedback, drowning the listener in completely fried out electronics and howls. This material opens side B and is in my opinion one of the highlights of this entire release. Some of the most pure and vicious sounds that this artist has to offer are on that tape, blending blistering Japanese noise-style harshness with old-school 80s tape-style PE aggression in an even and considered balance (without vocals) on the track "Dayjob" also culled from the same cassette. The material on here from the Phage Tapes cassette is in a harsh wall of noise style that is pretty unusual for this artist to utilize but works very well. Seems to blend radio noise with some crunching loop... blackened and dark harsh noise wall music in the strictest sense, but with some slight breaks into voices that are audible, either samples or the radio. The different styles on the release make for a very interesting listen, much like the singles collection of the great Athens, GA doom group Harvey Milk. An Atrax Morgue cover is pulled off very competently and with much care for the original material ("Childfucker" to be exact, with contributions from Hierchiss aka Biological Girl) and is followed by a 3" cd titled "Preliminary Sexual Distinction." The dark noise track, "Glasses," I believe ranks as my favorite track that I have heard from the RU-486 project. Whipping sounds, feedback and harsh juddering noise bring a vicious and brutal atmosphere to a truly Industrial-strength track that harkens back to the power of "Halogen"-era Whitehouse. Sick and deranged sounds with a whimpering female voice, very up front and giving you what you want. Next track is a sort of PE ballad about "Russian Teen Kate." Similar in vibe to Nicole 12's track "Ballerina," it finds RU in a clean vocal style that is unlike the howls and yells that appear throughout the rest of the release. Very soft ambient tones and clearly enunciated vocals surprise the ear after all of the chaotic harsh noise and make for two tracks that stand out very much on the B-side of this release. An almost ambient sound to the music gives it an otherworldly and even beautiful sound, with the grunting and muttered vocals punctuating the sound of a transformative experience. Very creepy track that reminds me of an article that I was reading recently about a British investigation into "SNIPE" videos and something called "Necros Pedo" in Russia. Unsettling stuff to say the least. It is interesting to hear what once were a multitude of short cassette tapes brought together in this single release, and it is definitely a lot of material to dig into for your noise dollar. Nice presentation and release from Disease Foundry here... very much enjoy listening to this release, and look forward to hearing what RU-486 does in the future. Nice.

DestructiveIndustriesUSA

Thanks so much for the awesome review Joseph!!!

Violent Noise Atrocities

I honestly could not tell you how much i actually contributed to any of these recordings...lots of Jagermeister and beer were involved during the sessions that were recorded here at my place, so neither one of us could give you an honest answer. Witnessing the creation of the Princess of Rot / Day Job tracks was priceless....extremely violent...truth be told...a Hellraiser lunchbox...(worth around $50 on ebay then) was used during the recording....still got the lunchbox...although its worth about 50 cents now.

I still have the original version of Day Job (unreleased)...The Hellraiser lunchbox...with a hole cut in the side so a microphone could be placed inside it....wrapped in duct tape so the microphone would not get the fuck out of there when recording started....when he was done?....there was blood everywhere....duct tape was pretty much gone...microphone had escaped, although it was broken....lunchbox looked like it had gotten into a fight with a dozen rabid gorilla's and lost.

Nyodene D

This is a great retrospective of the RU discography, which is quite scattered but, with minor admitted exceptions, is remarkably consistent (like Dan mentioned, the "Princess Of Rot" material - which isn't actually that bad...).  I'd be way embarrassed if someone compiled my stuff out before "God And Country", but Mortigan's earliest stuff even seems to show some excellent feel for the genre / medium.

Both sides are consistent, but the first side definitely feels stronger to me.  I think Mortigan would agree about the material on the A-side being the foot he wanted to lead with (as well as I think some of the most recent?). The b-side is more mixed (p.e. tracks, comp appearances, the HNW tape that I actually quite enjoy...)  The Atrax Morgue cover is really good, glad to hear it (wasn't around when it was originally released).  "Russian Teen Kate" has mixed feelings for me.  Really solid track, would be a classic in a world without "Ballerina."  Then again, Nyodene D would sound more original in a world without Mikko as well, so I find myself enjoying the track as more of a sister (har har) piece to it rather than finding it derivative...

Disease Foundry maintains a high standard of quality with the sound (really clear) and the packaging (very luxurious, especially for a single cassette). The added bonuses (buttons and embroidered patch) are a great touch. A lot of love went into these. 

Get this and Iron Empire if you're looking to get in to RU-486.  It's literally everything you could get for about 20-25 bucks.  This project is going into some good heavy territory and this boxset is a cool archival thing for people looking to get in to US PE...

DestructiveIndustriesUSA

arrendersimorte

love to get this release but no shipping to uk blaaaaaaaaaaah

(give death)

DestructiveIndustriesUSA

Quote from: arrendersimorte on April 29, 2011, 01:05:42 AM
love to get this release but no shipping to uk blaaaaaaaaaaah

(give death)

The only version that won't be shipped to the UK is the ammo box edition, though, minus the ammo box itself, the regular edition still has the patch, pin and insert with it and is available from both label and artist at the moment :)

vargrwulf

that's label founder Jeff, very dedicated man(iac)!