New BBR: Where is This, Nundata, Sirotek, Sleep of Ages

Started by whereisthis, April 10, 2011, 02:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whereisthis

Finally, finally, finally new things out!

Where is This – Narcissus at the Gym (c30, 12pg booklet, 50 copies)

A long time in the making, Narcissus at the Gym, is the third Where is This full-length on Bored Bear. 30 minutes of industrial noise, with a heavy PE feel. This is the sound that steel and intimidation makes. It reminds me of early Prurient and Ramleh. Whilst occasionally veering into harsh noise territory, this is mostly a noise album; high-pitched noise doused in reverb, feedback pulses, a touch of “real music” thrown in to shake things up. This is the sound of anger distilled into something pretty that’s nice to look at, but could very easily kill you.

NATG is a pro-dubbed c30 and as well as a standard j-card (with artist by Dublin artist Ian-John Coughlan) it comes with a 12pg booklet by Where is This  featuring a text story and artwork that acts as accompanient to the album.

Full Length Tracks:
Time Started Mid-Sentence
Overfamiliar

Nundata – Cold War (cdr, 30 copies)

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a noise record like this. Throughout Cold War Nundata has peppered his own brand of noise with samples from the 50′s/60′s, but bucking the trend of most noise nowadays, they’re not dominating the mix; both the noise and samples create an amazingly unique atmosphere. Of course, it’s not all samples. On this disc we have 50 minutes of harsh noise from Nundata that, and this genuinely happened, when I listened to the album the first time, and it ended, I involuntarily went “Aww, man!” because it was over. I thinked I listened to it four times that day. You will too.

Samples:
Red Moon (sample)
Blue Night (sample)

Sleep of Ages – Sword and Sandals (cdr, 30 copies)

Mixing HNW and Harsh Noise in his own inimitable style, Sleep of Ages provides an aural soundtrack for his take on Pepla movies from the 50′s and 60′s. Pulsing static HNW sits alongside gloriously full-sounding HN complimenting the violence and power struggles that one would imagine the movies are about, epitomised in the album’s HNW centerpiece Glory Comes Hard at the Arena. Never a truer word has been spoken. Comes with beautiful yellow artwork.

Uranus… To Rule Over All (sample)
Kutchek and Gore, The Barbarian Brothers (full track)

Sirotek – My Art is My Psychota (cdr, 30 copies)

My Art is My Psychota, as the album would suggest, in an intensely personal album of harsh noise. Laden with feedback, other welcome touches abound, such as an undertow of drones on album opener Slow Trauma, as well as a distinct PE influence on the harsh high-pitched feedback that breaks through Dedicated to Zagorodny Sad. All of these elements surround the harsh noise that is expertly melded into one fantastic fucking forty minute record.

Samples:
Slow Trauma (sample)
Isolation’s Formula (sample)

~

PRICE LIST:

CDR – 4EUR
CASSETTE – 6EUR

All items are released today on Saturday 9th April.
The first batch of orders/artist copies will be posted out on Thursday 14th April.
No trades on the WiT tape (as it was expensive to make). Trades considered on the cdr’s but later on; paid orders preferred initially.
Postage will be worked out depending on what you order. It’ll be most likely 2-3EUR.

ORDER: anotherthreewordbandname [at] gmail.com

whereisthis

First wave of orders, and artist copies were sent out yesterday! Thanks!