12.03.2022, Leiden (NL): Crude Transmissions I

Started by whitewinter, February 22, 2022, 12:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitewinter

Crude Transmissions is a festival of noise & heavy electronics taking place at Resistor (Vrijplaats Leiden), a new venue located in the former Tieleman & Dros cannery.

Line Up:
Wince (US): Harsh Noise
Knifedoutofexistence (UK): Power Electronics
Misère (US/NL): Tape Crunch Worship
O Ratel Ratel (BE): Noise / Musique Concrete
Vincent Dallas (BE): Harsh Noise
Coma Cluster (DE/NL): Power Electronics
Uitgeschakeld (NL): Harsh Noise Wall
Moozzhead (FI): Harsh Noise
Hjernedød (NL): Noise
Death Mask (NL): Power Electronics

Who is going to show up, maniacs? :-)

whitewinter

moozz

Quote from: whitewinter on March 06, 2022, 11:07:49 AM
It doesn't seem that much...

...but in the end it was quite a few maniacs! It has probably been about 2 years since I have been to a noise fest so it was great to finally witness some live action again. This fest was a special one as it was my debut performance as well. The whole evening was "packed" with quite varied styles and performances. It was good to have some longer breaks as there were plenty of people to chat with. Constant flow of 15min sets would have been too much! And it was a nice touch to show that The Rita documentary on the big screen.
For me the best moments of the evening were:
- Vincent Dallas, super energetic chaotic blast, for sure some gear and/or furniture (or limbs?) was damaged during the set
- O Ratel Ratel, more calm reel-to-reel magic that most of the time felt like underwater or subterranean rumblings and creaks, fantastic stuff
- Misère, a harsh noise duo with enough Death Metal pedals on the table, it felt like a yin/yang thing with one end of the table more concentrated pedal work and the other end more explosive and violent
- Wince, I expected more "standard" harsh noise but instead we were served skillful sound sculpting, evolving tapestry of noise (not a Merzbow reference!)

piisti

If there is some links to youtube or so let us know?

And what is that Moozzhead tape I saw on IG? Specific for that event or coming widely spread?

moozz

Quote from: piisti on March 14, 2022, 01:21:25 PM
And what is that Moozzhead tape I saw on IG? Specific for that event or coming widely spread?

The new Moozzhead and Vincent Dallas tapes were released at the festival and available from White Centipede Noise once his webstore opens again.

whitewinter

Hey, it was great. Thanks for the good organisation and the friendly hosts. My favourite act was O Ratel Ratel (something very own and special). I have some pictures, maybe I will post them later.

Leiden!

Bloated Slutbag

Great to be reading some live reports, sounds like a good one. And no less glad to see O Ratel Ratel getting some love. Kind of a mysterious project for me, don't know very much about em but "something very own and special" might be the place I'd start.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

whitewinter

Now some pictures:

Ukrainian-Dutch fashian army, also artists of Coma Cluster.

Oskar in da house, bitches! A.k.a. Wince.

The young Richard Ramirez of Leiden.

Down-to-earth-Germans from Hjortgud.