Helsinki Nov 6, 2021: Audible wounds II (Hail Conjurer, Absolute Key, Kovana etc

Started by Atrophist, September 01, 2021, 06:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrophist

AUDIBLE WOUNDS II

Date November 6, 2021
Venue: Bar Taikurin hattu, Tanhuantie 3, Helsinki
Tickets 10€

Artists

Hail Conjurer
Absolute Key
Atrophist
Kovana
Mastur-bait
(final show)

More info soon!

Atrophist

Showtime 19.30!

Playing order:

1. Mastur-Bart
2. Kovana
3. Atrophist
4. Absolute Key
5. Hail Conjurer

Tickets 10€, cash only please.

Atrophist

Mastur-Bait cannot make it due to circumstances beyond their own control.

Replacing will be Suomi-noise newcomer Putrid Fist.

FreakAnimalFinland

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Atrophist

I haven't noticed any reviews of the show on social media or discussion forums, etc. But I think it went really well.

Very good turnout, and not just the "usual suspects" of the Helsinki noise scene this time. Obviously we have HC to thank for that. Even though Circle of Dawn etc. were playing in Vantaa the same night. Good sound by Ville, the same guy who does the sound for Noise Space at the Redi shopping mall.

Also, thankfully the local alcoholics cleared out before the show. The last time things got a bit chaotic, with them throwing  Kovana's pedals on the floor, trying to carry Toni from Ahola&Silander off the stage, passing out on top of the monitors, crawling on all fours under the mixing desk, etc. At one point there were two separate fights going on at the same time, with a cop car outside, and all kinds of other nonsense. Multiple people told me that they were maybe 80% relieved but also 20% disappointed we had none of that this time, hah. When you come to Kontula, I guess you crave the full Kontula experience!

Putrid Fist is the brother of Janne from Kovana. This was only his second live show, and the first in a public venue open to anyone. He did a short set with minimal equipment, a small mixer, microphone and what looked like a looper or multieffect of some kind. Feedback and minimal electronic pulsations, with distorted vocals. Myself and a few others were reminded of Atrax Morgue.