GENOCIDE ORGAN

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, March 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

I'm waiting for Archive and the singles compilation. They'll come eventually I guess...

impulse manslaughter

Quote from: deutscheasphalt on March 14, 2019, 07:04:43 PM
5. if you "don't mind to pay a few bucks extra", why don't you donate some money to GO to help them out?

For me, I'm willing to 'pay a few bucks extra' when I like a certain label because I know some cash flow is needed to continue releasing records. Esp. when records aren't selling out fast it means a lot of the money invested will be sitting on shelves for years.

Anyway, CD's are being sold usually for 10-15 euros; not sure what theproduction costs are these days but can't be more than 2/3 euros. LP's for 15-20 euros; small pressing with simple artwork will be about 5 euros. If this is considered to be normal than the price for this 7" isn't that strange. Sadly, most labels just gave up on 7"s because the audience expects them to be really cheap while it's getting more and more expensive to make them. Esp. in low quantities like with most noise/industrial releases.

Urban Noise

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 14, 2019, 09:09:53 PM
I'm waiting for Archive and the singles compilation. They'll come eventually I guess...

I'm also waiting for that. I'm out of the vinyl rush.
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

impulse manslaughter

Archive CD box would be nice!

Urban Noise

Something like the Ultra ‎– "Delirious Elaborations" 4CD box would be fucking amazing!
New Approach Records

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: Urban Noise on March 14, 2019, 06:47:13 PM

Paying 13eur for a CD is more expensive in comparison and no one seems to care about it.

Well, no?  Why do you think P2P or Napster appeared back then? Why do you think people would rather pay for single digital music files and Deezer, Bandcamp, Spotify, etc are thriving? Why did the CD industry kind of collapse and major labels are now reissuing everything they can on vinyl? Because everyone besides some niche fetishists cares.

Sorry for derailing the topic.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Urban Noise

We're talking about noise here, a niche in it self, not the industry in general...
A quick view on the main distros and we see most of the CD's are 12/13 euros. If they are at that price, it's because it sells for those prices.
Comparing the production price of a CD to a 7'', the 7'' is higher and usually sells for less. That's all I wanted to point with that stament.
As said before, endless debate.
New Approach Records

cr

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 14, 2019, 09:09:53 PM

Yes, something like this would be great. Only managed to get six 10"s of the Archive series and also missed the Kahane Chai 7" and as I have very limited internet access at the moment I will probably miss the new 7" as well. So not too limited compilations, in the near or not so near future, would be very welcome.

Thor

Wanted to give a thought on the new :Movement: 7" and this series that has begun with :Kahane Chai:.
Okay GO is a type of hype band and will probably always receive praises, but damn it if these 7" series isn't some of the best thing they have done for 20 years.
There debut is probably my favourite album although GO did a lot of astonishing work in there early years and in fact, over their career I've only encountered one album which I haven't fallen for (The truth will... I don't know, maybe I'll have to keep listening to that one), but while they evolved into a more "ambient" or minimal take on industrial, Obituary of the Americas brought back some unquestionable brutality to the GO type of style which continues in a very refined way in the 7" eps.
Well about this series. Focusing on religious fanatics through the eyes of politics and intolerance from different parts of the world. I guess GO never reveals their intentions but this seems to be the theme. I'm hoping for an Africa based one next although of the abundance of violence, tribalism and atrocities in that region, only a handful of african conflicts would fit this religious theme.
The electronics are deep and rich, bass/drone fueled, Movement has some piercing overtones and the short length is appropriate for the approach.
The vocals are what I really love, especially on kahane. Movement thus seems to continue in a very similar style to KC but still finds a slight shift to the more screeching type of sound whereas the theme is kept in place.
Seriously look forward to next release (I'm guessing there are more than those two)

impulse manslaughter

Still haven't received my copy but agreed on the Kahane 7". Really liked that one.

denethorgul

Quote from: Thor on May 04, 2019, 11:58:23 AM
...over their career I've only encountered one album which I haven't fallen for (The truth will... I don't know, maybe I'll have to keep listening to that one

Most of the Truth tracks appear on disc 2 of the :Remember: CD reissue and are excellent. In many instances the live interpretations of certain tracks can lend a greater appreciation to the OG studio ones. Just what I've found with early G|O especially.
"WE EXPOSE ONLY SICKNESS BECAUSE WE ARE THE SICKNESS – WE ARE THE CORPSE, THE GERMS OF SCIENCE"

M. Nothing, 'Progetto Morte' 2001

Fistfuck Masonanie

For those unaware, the The Truth Will Make You Free LP and CD re-issues are up at Tesco.

GEWALTMONOPOL

It's an excellent track. The CD from that set contains several overlooked gems IMO.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on August 21, 2019, 01:54:08 AM
It's an excellent track. The CD from that set contains several overlooked gems IMO.

Not sure if it is the "live in japan" title that makes current buyers cautious. If it would have just some other title than indicating it is merely live album, I would suspect more people would buy it? Fact remains some of the best works of G.O. are live recordings, and this live in Japan includes a lot of things not found from studio works. Perhaps it is also good thing that people who are interested, can still get it for affordable prices!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

totalblack

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on August 21, 2019, 01:35:30 PM
Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on August 21, 2019, 01:54:08 AM

Not sure if it is the "live in japan" title that makes current buyers cautious. If it would have just some other title than indicating it is merely live album, I would suspect more people would buy it? Fact remains some of the best works of G.O. are live recordings, and this live in Japan includes a lot of things not found from studio works. Perhaps it is also good thing that people who are interested, can still get it for affordable prices!

I suspect this is the case- none of their other live recordings, or any releases have been available for close to the length of time that Live in Japan has. Definitely a fantastic release