GENOCIDE ORGAN

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, March 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

absurdexposition

Yeah, same price as Kahane Chai but this time they aren't shipping them without insurance, so there is an extra cost there. With how much KC is going for on Discogs you still come out ahead, but 7" is a costly format these days.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Euro Trash Bazooka

Not costly to the point of costing 15€ before shipping from Germany. Tesco sell their releases for way too much considering their manufacturing quality.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

XXX

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on March 13, 2019, 07:29:38 PM
Not costly to the point of costing 15€ before shipping from Germany. Tesco sell their releases for way too much considering their manufacturing quality.

yes, does seem strange that other 7" they have released are a mere 10€  with similar spot varnish/inserts/etc

impulse manslaughter

Ordered on white vinyl. Don't need 6 copies of the same record.

totalblack

Shockingly I guess that the group feels that they deserve a cut of the profits from the release, instead of it all going to discogs flippers.

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: totalblack on March 13, 2019, 11:02:13 PM
Shockingly I guess that the group feels that they deserve a cut of the profits from the release, instead of it all going to discogs flippers.

That comment is shockingly stupid

impulse manslaughter

I don't know where it's being pressed and who did the mastering, etc. but 15 euros + 4,5 for shipping within EU is reasonable enough for me..

Theodore

An artist, lets say a painter, does he sell all of his works on the same price ? Does he sell them just a little more than the material cost ? Who sets the price ? Market or himself ? How does it feel when people buy your works, and a month later sell them x3 the price, unplayed ? What you do ? Do you care at all about that ? Are you a pro-artist or just you wanna share your work with those who care ? If pro, do you feel exploited ? If labour of love, do you feel disappointed cause it's not about what you do ? Fuck them in any case ? That's life and you do the same with other's work ? Dont know.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

absurdexposition

I think in the case of G.O. it is fair for the responsible parties to be charging more due to what inevitably happens with their releases once they hit the collector market, but as a whole Tesco's prices are certainly not the cheapest out there.

Another solution to offset the flippers is to think about increasing the amount of copies pressed. Pressing in quantities below demand *and* charging more kind of just says "We know you'll pay more for this, so please, do it."
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Urban Noise

Quote from: absurdexposition on March 14, 2019, 04:55:57 PM
Another solution to offset the flippers is to think about increasing the amount of copies pressed. Pressing in quantities below demand *and* charging more kind of just says "We know you'll pay more for this, so please, do it."

All said.
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

totalblack

OK just to break down things down in the price here:

15 euro minus 19% VAT = 12.15 retail

Say each member gets 1 euro from each copy sold, that's down to 8 euro per copy - which is reasonable. I don't mind to pay a few bucks extra to buy self released items directly from an artist.

It's also not cheap to press 7"s anymore, it costs nearly the same now as an LP to press, with way lower profit margins.

I guess for this record a run of 1250 should be enough that everyone can get one. I suppose for the Archaic Documents live releases, double could be pressed easily, but then again the 2007 live LP in a large edition from 2009 is still available a decade later. What's a better option? Press 300 and sell them all in one day? Or pay to press 1000 and still have copies sitting in the warehouse ten years later.

Urban Noise

The price and limitation is an endless debate when it comes for something like this.
15eur for a 7'' is not that expensive if we thing in all those aspects/costs and everyone running a label knows that.
Paying 13eur for a CD is more expensive in comparison and no one seems to care about it, when in reality must of the times, making a 7'' or even a tape is more expensive, per unit, than a CD.

But yeah, a 1250 pressing will take some time to sell out. Hopefully. I imagine must of the fans will not buy all the colors.
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

deutscheasphalt

1. netto price is 12.60€, not 12.15
2. the run for this record is 1500 (6 packs à 250 copies) whereas a bundle of 5 seems to be weirdly sold as one just because of the colors? So effectively it's 500 copies of music.
3. production cost estimated is 3.90€ per 7" for a 250 run, which is pretty cheap, 500 would be 2.10€ each which is even more insane so I don't know where you get the idea from that pressing 7" is expensive
4. you could sell those for 100% profit and still end up with a reasonable price for a 7" of about 8€ instead of artificially limiting the supply which creates the discogs price dynamic as absurdexposition already stated. That price would also apply to your logic of "1 euro per member", however it's doubtful that tesco would calculate their desired margins that way...
5. if you "don't mind to pay a few bucks extra", why don't you donate some money to GO to help them out?

The "better option" in my opinion is press the maximum amount of copies people will still buy of which tesco should have a very good prognosis at this point and then sell these for a reasonable price. 15€ plus shipping for two songs on a 7" or 75 for a couple more pieces of colored plastic? c'mon...

Thor

Quote from: Urban Noise on March 14, 2019, 06:47:13 PM
The price and limitation is an endless debate when it comes for something like this.
15eur for a 7'' is not that expensive if we thing in all those aspects/costs and everyone running a label knows that.
Paying 13eur for a CD is more expensive in comparison and no one seems to care about it, when in reality must of the times, making a 7'' or even a tape is more expensive, per unit, than a CD.

But yeah, a 1250 pressing will take some time to sell out. Hopefully. I imagine must of the fans will not buy all the colors.

I think cds are way too expensive and I almost never buy them except at discounted prices. I'd rather pay 20 for a lp than 12 for a cd

XXX