GENOCIDE ORGAN

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, March 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-K

deathcamp

Ordered, thanks to you, P-K! It is already sold-out...

burdizzo

Well, it was available for almost a whole WEEK...

deathcamp

I don't understand that they don't press more copies. Or is it a conscious approach to keep their cult status?

Andrew McIntosh

A lot of GO material from Tesco is available on their Bandcamp page, I imagine Volume IV will follow suite.
Shikata ga nai.

Goat93

Quote from: deathcamp on August 24, 2014, 03:48:05 PM
I don't understand that they don't press more copies. Or is it a conscious approach to keep their cult status?

its pressed 300 copies, not soo low at all. Think that some Peiople think they can make easy money with it now and buy like Hell several Copies

RG

To further hammer on the complaints about the quantities of GO vinyl pressings...I find it interesting that they press 500 copies of that recent GO/Grey Wolves 12". Seems like THAT one should get 250-300 copies and other stuff like this new archive release and the recent live LP should get 500. Oh well.

deathcamp

[/quote]

its pressed 300 copies, not soo low at all.
[/quote]

It is sold-out in very few days, on pre-order. So yes, I think that 300 copies aren't enough at all.
Nevermind, this time I will have my copy, heh!

Goat93

Quote from: RG on August 26, 2014, 03:32:58 AM
To further hammer on the complaints about the quantities of GO vinyl pressings...I find it interesting that they press 500 copies of that recent GO/Grey Wolves 12". Seems like THAT one should get 250-300 copies and other stuff like this new archive release and the recent live LP should get 500. Oh well.

This Split is still avaible, i really think that too much Resellers think that they make easy Money with it, instead of needing it really. Seems that i miss it, fuck

Ritual

If they make too few, people will complain that it's sold out before they got the chance to buy it. If they make more, people will buy it "later" and the records will just sit on shelves for years. By making too few, they will at least sell them, and get the money back to invest in the next thing.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Ritual on August 28, 2014, 11:28:38 AMBy making too few, they will at least sell them, and get the money back to invest in the next thing.
Yeah, like a reissue that will never happen. Anyone stocking copies of IV?

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Ritual on August 28, 2014, 11:28:38 AM
and the records will just sit on shelves for years
In my opinion, that is sort of the point of a label, particularly in the case of reissues.  Learning to gauge your demand so you can keep things in stock for at least a couple years.  The manufacturing costs between 250 and 500 copies is small.  Selling another 25-40 copies will pay for the additional 250 copies (in the example of a pressing of 500 rather than 250).
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

eyestrain

Quote from: Zeno Marx on August 28, 2014, 08:34:38 PM
Quote from: Ritual on August 28, 2014, 11:28:38 AM
and the records will just sit on shelves for years
In my opinion, that is sort of the point of a label, particularly in the case of reissues.  Learning to gauge your demand so you can keep things in stock for at least a couple years.  The manufacturing costs between 250 and 500 copies is small.  Selling another 25-40 copies will pay for the additional 250 copies (in the example of a pressing of 500 rather than 250).

My thoughts as well.

Ritual

It depends on if you want the money back quickly or spread out over a lengthy period. If they pressed a large enough edition to last a while, I don't think 300 people would rush and buy it on pre-order in a few days after it was announced. A lot of people would focus their spending money on other things as you could always get this "later". Next month it would easily be the same, and so on... I hate the fact that it is like this, but with the amount of stuff that gets released all the time I can understand why labels do this.

eyestrain

Quote from: Ritual on August 28, 2014, 10:11:03 PM
It depends on if you want the money back quickly or spread out over a lengthy period. If they pressed a large enough edition to last a while, I don't think 300 people would rush and buy it on pre-order in a few days after it was announced. A lot of people would focus their spending money on other things as you could always get this "later". Next month it would easily be the same, and so on... I hate the fact that it is like this, but with the amount of stuff that gets released all the time I can understand why labels do this.

It does seem that labels need to operate quite differently anymore in order to stay afloat. Then comes the frustration of repressing albums - as I'm sure for a label that's an even more nebulous zone. Who's to say if things will sell nearly as well six months or a year later? As there is so much being put out, I think a lot of folks "move on" after the first attempt. More things now vie for their cash.