GENOCIDE ORGAN

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, March 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc

it was briefly listed on the website, but the link wasn't public and you had to receive an email from them in order to access it.

bitewerksMTB

" it was briefly listed on the website, but the link wasn't public and you had to receive an email from them in order to access it. "

This was for this 10" that sold out at a gig? That's a whole new level of stupid collector gimmicks.

Goat93

jc makes fun about it all the time and you beliefe it always...:)

bitewerksMTB

I'm very easy to get one over on because I expect everyone to be stupid from the get-go.

Who is jc?

jc

i'll download some program that creates jpegs later and post a screenshot of my order email.

FreakAnimalFinland

It is the rules of small edition that some people get and others don't.
There will always be brokers involved in releases that are worth being involved for them.
Nowadays auctions are easier and price inflates quick. Sometimes you get the best price week after item is sold out, rather than stashing it for decade like some have done.

I only wonder, is it worth of it? How much one could earn about selling couple extra copies to make transactions worth of ones time? I mean, few tapes bought for 6,- and sold for 20,- few months later, hardly is very profitable business. I mean - if you work, the hours pay is probably more than profit margin of usual UG broker on certain release. Only once in a while one may hit the jackpot. Paying 20,- for item and auctioning it for 100 or more. But still. 100? What's that in context of regular salary of working man in the west? It would be a lot, if it would happen all the time. If it happens once or twice a year, I can't see much benefit for seller. Other than the satisfaction to be in the game of rare releases?

I'm still waiting to hear it new GO and hope it will arrive in near future.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

This is listed as for sale on discogs, limited to 17 copies:

Diutesc / Genocide Organ - Unknown Knownledge (LP, W/Lbl, Ltd + Acetate, 7", W/Lbl, Ltd)

Anyone know anything about that? I think it said it's a Jpn release.

I use to get multiple copies for sale or trade. Some things I'd sell later to make a little profit to pay for something else. Doubt many are doing it to pay bills or maybe they're hoarders?

bogskaggmannen

"Archive II" 10" sold on eBay last night for 125 EUR, ha ha!

While I can see the point in doing a show-only release to attract people to the gigs, I think this solution only makes it a hassle for the label as G.O. is so "big" that interest far succeeds the edition size. But, each to his own I guess. Maybe they should do a CD collecting all Archive-releases later on?

Goat93

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 29, 2011, 10:04:34 PM
I only wonder, is it worth of it?

Yes, for some People it is. They can nearly Live from buying and reselling "Rare" Stuff. Otherwise if i see again and again on Ebay the Stuff selling for 10x of the normal Price, it works...

P-K

discogs is full of them, especially Coil & NWW arteditions, LJDLP-bootlegs, etc etc seemed very popular to sell for $$$ and pretty fast resell for $$$$$ .....people like "ulixes" make a living out of it imho

Ashmonger

Quote from: P-K on May 30, 2011, 12:32:17 PMGO is big enough to join the same subgenre as Korn http://www.freerecordshop.be/music/under-kontrakt-4038846000850LOL
Haha, that's retarded!

In Metal it also seems to happen a lot. I think it's correct that the profit made isn't that big when compared to what one earns on a month due to average paid work. I just think people see it as very easy money though...

Andrew McIntosh

Got my copy of the album yesterday and have been listening to it pretty consistently since. It strikes me as a very easy-listening album for this genre - very well recorded and mastered, smooth, nice and simple structure, nothing particularly outstanding or innovative and actually a very good album for that. One of those albums I put on when I want something pleasant and not too involving or grating.
Shikata ga nai.

cipher chris

Archive II hits the mark a little more than Archive I, but while each is interesting to the involved it's hard to see them as essential.  GxOx strikes me as a project which leaves material unreleased for a reason, and while generally the 'Archive' material is as robust as anything it misses that bigger picture which I feel the albums run by.

Isomer CDs will be available from me any day now, but if any one can't wait then please contact.