Special Interest
October 27, 2020, 08:30:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
  Print  
Author Topic: GENOCIDE ORGAN  (Read 126762 times)
GEWALTMONOPOL
Diehard user

« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2019, 12:54:08 AM »

It's an excellent track. The CD from that set contains several overlooked gems IMO.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2019, 12:35:30 PM »

It's an excellent track. The CD from that set contains several overlooked gems IMO.

Not sure if it is the "live in japan" title that makes current buyers cautious. If it would have just some other title than indicating it is merely live album, I would suspect more people would buy it? Fact remains some of the best works of G.O. are live recordings, and this live in Japan includes a lot of things not found from studio works. Perhaps it is also good thing that people who are interested, can still get it for affordable prices!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
totalblack
Heavy user

« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2019, 05:27:15 PM »

Not sure if it is the "live in japan" title that makes current buyers cautious. If it would have just some other title than indicating it is merely live album, I would suspect more people would buy it? Fact remains some of the best works of G.O. are live recordings, and this live in Japan includes a lot of things not found from studio works. Perhaps it is also good thing that people who are interested, can still get it for affordable prices!

I suspect this is the case- none of their other live recordings, or any releases have been available for close to the length of time that Live in Japan has. Definitely a fantastic release

KillToForget
moderate user

« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2019, 08:41:12 PM »

That's usually my go-to album by them. Great stuff
implementsofsacrifice

« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2019, 10:32:44 PM »

I put off picking up Live in Japan until very recently and must say that I can't believe how overlooked it was and still is. The sound quality is excellent and it's absolutely essential for any Genocide Organ fan, if you ask me. I really can't believe I did without it for all that time. How is this a $20 record and so widely available? It doesn't make sense. Highly recommended!
Lazrs3
user

« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2019, 10:40:02 AM »

I bought a CD of The Truth Will Make You Free last week, I felt it really holds back, stays low end and simmering and builds tension continually. They never seem to dissapoint.

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »

On that album, raw sound material by John Murphy is also in notable element. Can't say I am 100% sure, but I don't think there is mentions in other albums about contributors outside band members. Would be curious to know why on one album they did have, but I'm very glad there is. It's one of the strongest albums from band.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Lazrs3
user

« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2019, 02:22:35 PM »

On that album, raw sound material by John Murphy is also in notable element. Can't say I am 100% sure, but I don't think there is mentions in other albums about contributors outside band members. Would be curious to know why on one album they did have, but I'm very glad there is. It's one of the strongest albums from band.

Wow, I never knew John Murphy contributed to that, I had no clue at all. I am thrilled I went and saw them a few years ago in London at United forces, that was something it's impossible to forget. Dickhead me didn't go to the Friday where Kevlar (on my to buy list) and Ke/Hill played though. I saw DIJ when John Murphy played with them (Peaceful Snow era 7 or 8 years ago) and am glad I saw him in some context as the more I read the more his name keeps cropping up in different places.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:25:08 PM by Lazrs3 » Logged

GEWALTMONOPOL
Diehard user

« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »

The LP mentions John Murphy but not specifically what his contribution was. No mention of him on the CD.

I only met him a few times and I liked him. The best thing I saw him do was at Slimelight with that prog project with Albin Julius where he played the drums.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...
Eastern Embargo

« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2019, 07:46:57 PM »

^ Of all places, Spotify has John Murphy credited for tracks 2, 4-6
Harvest
Heavy user

« Reply #280 on: December 06, 2019, 06:55:56 PM »

leichenlinie seems to be getting a 30th anniversary pressing. funny to this old man but the 20th seemed to be so recent. fine by me as i missed out on that opportunity. no mention of the metal plate, just the new style spot varnish/embossing we have seen on last few reissues. excited none the less!

edit: spelling
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 06:57:59 PM by Harvest » Logged
Bacteriafield
moderate user

« Reply #281 on: December 13, 2019, 06:11:59 PM »

Any one heard news on the lechenliene repress? It was slated for dec 6th right?  Still no email on shipping
Eigen Bast
user

« Reply #282 on: December 13, 2019, 06:27:53 PM »

It said 12.31.19 when I ordered
totalblack
Heavy user

« Reply #283 on: December 13, 2019, 09:57:40 PM »

My parcel arrives tomorrow and a friend in the same city got his two days ago. I guess they are all being sent out now

Bacteriafield
moderate user

« Reply #284 on: December 13, 2019, 11:25:37 PM »

Cool thanks guys
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
  Print  

Jump to: