Annoying spam noise artists

Started by CannibalRitual, April 04, 2021, 09:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CannibalRitual

Anyone heard of Yasuyuki Uesugi? Some random Japanese guy with self made instruments. So far so good. I didn't think much about it and listened to some of his stuff when he contacted me for the first time, but didn't like it too much and didn't get around to write him back. Now thing is in the meantime I got maybe 4 or 5 more mails when he asked me about opinion of his stuff, release it, follow him on Bandcamp etc. Looking him up on discogs it seems his tactics are working and he got 4x pages on discogs in such short time, lot of people apparently seem to fall for it. Reminds me of that other Japanese guy (forget the name) 15 or 20 years ago who was just doing some spoken word thing and got released with so many noise artists. Damn, how many emails a day are those people sending out???

burdizzo1

I must say, I've heard a lot worse!
Some people are pushy, all right, and that can be pretty off-putting. If you don't like it - just ignore it, I suppose. Or else tell him you don't like his stuff and that'll probably shut him up!
Yeah, but judging by the discogs clips, it's not too bad!

host body

Is this the autistic dude who publish like a long album every month and spam it everywhere he could? I don't remember him building his own synths tho.

Duncan

Quote from: CannibalRitual on April 04, 2021, 09:34:18 AM
lot of people apparently seem to fall for it.

This is what I'd say about a great deal of the most popular artists and labels going today. A whole lot of spam being successfully marketed as Iberico pork. It's just that enough people want to believe that shit doesn't all taste the same.

Andrew McIntosh

It's a new world, one in which millions of people produce sub-par content yet insist on being known above everyone else. The attention economy.
Shikata ga nai.

Balor/SS1535

I remember him from when I used to browse Reddit.  He would post a new album with a description to every noise related group seemingly all the time.  I can appreciate his enthusiasm, but I never actually listened to anything he posted.

CannibalRitual

I could have replied to him, but as aggressively as he seems to promote his stuff he would probably just ignore the message and send a new request a couple weeks later. So I rather thought putting it here would result in some funny replies.

If I ever contacted someone and get no reply then what really happened is that the guy thought "thanks but no thanks, fuck off!!", so I don't just bother at all to contact the person again.

No matter how good or bad his stuff is, but that attention whoring attitude of him makes me not even want to check out his links. And yes, I think he's probably autistic too...

Stipsi

I was pissed off too from his continuous spam (mails,private messages, etc...), but i discovered that he is autistic, so probably he can't be different.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

New Forces

In his spam emails to me he apologizes for his autism, but proceeds to keep spamming the email. It's definitely annoying, but I've got an autistic family member so I kinda get it, and I just delete this guys messages and shrug it off as someone that isn't good at communication and social norms.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

FreakAnimalFinland

I wonder if clicking "delete" is way too much work? Not much different from getting endless friend requests in social media. If you don't use it in such ways (Not following people nor posting anything on your page).

"Problem" of handful of emails, requests, promos etc. hitting delete is quick and easy?

I generally check all incoming mail, but just to speed things up, I no longer reply to absolutely every request. I don't check out "friend requests" usually, and most of unpersonalized label spam I may deleted without reading. It means that sometimes good things are missed. Then it can be good to put topic that I'll see is personally meant for me.

This Japanese character certainly sent several mails, I don't mind. You got way way way more annoying people around than someone trying to figure out way to get his noise heard, without really knowing what to do.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

MateriaPrima

I had an experience where this lady friend requested me out of the blue. I didn't accept but I saw she posted nonstop publicly about this noise project she was just starting with her friends. She was asking people to list labels and people who run them and how to get in touch and what labels release noise and industrial, which is understandable starting out I guess. But then she started asking for lists of important acts within industrial and noise, saying she didn't know much and hadn't really gotten into it yet, and specifically requested to not be recommended certain subject matter that she found morally objectionable and reprehensible and that she was against supporting that (which to me it seemed like she would miss almost three quarters of noise and industrial if she cut all that out). So I was left confused as to how one starts a new music project in a genre one doesn't know anything about at all and demanding attention for that. It's interesting to see people unwilling to search for and explore things they are supposedly interested in. They want instant lists, accessible, spoon-fed information. The process of exploration and discovery is not seen as an integral part of knowing something, simply the bare minimum of the end result is demanded. Which I think leads to trivializing and not really knowing something in the end. So it's not only the attention economy giving sub-par content an overblown voice as was mentioned before, but it's as the though the very act of accessibility can cheapen a scene and even the content of its genre. Obviously there are limits and overblown pompous elitism also gets really annoying.

tiny_tove

Quote from: CannibalRitual on April 04, 2021, 09:34:18 AM
Anyone heard of Yasuyuki Uesugi? Some random Japanese guy with self made instruments. So far so good. I didn't think much about it and listened to some of his stuff when he contacted me for the first time, but didn't like it too much and didn't get around to write him back. Now thing is in the meantime I got maybe 4 or 5 more mails when he asked me about opinion of his stuff, release it, follow him on Bandcamp etc. Looking him up on discogs it seems his tactics are working and he got 4x pages on discogs in such short time, lot of people apparently seem to fall for it. Reminds me of that other Japanese guy (forget the name) 15 or 20 years ago who was just doing some spoken word thing and got released with so many noise artists. Damn, how many emails a day are those people sending out???

he contacted me, I explained I release only my own stuff and he was polite and thanked. Quite liked some of his modular works and used impressive machines.
The other guy you mentioned was Kenji Siratori, he did some cool stuff both with other people and alone.
I'm more annoyed when I get contacted by people who have nothing to do with what I'm interested in like "we are all part of underground", since they didn't spent one second to check bio and descriptions-

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0