OLD CAPTAIN BANNED BANDCAMP ACCOUNT

Started by Olegh Kolyada, March 11, 2021, 06:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olegh Kolyada

NEWS on BANDCAMP REPORT

With a little bit of insider help I have managed to track down a person who directly / indirectly reported on my Bandcamp page resulting in a permanent ban and loss of a community who supported the label likewise the physical / digital / merchandise data. (the information is provided upon request)

Sure it is up to you, but any label who is guided by common sense should black-list him or be cautious, especially those who have ever released politically-challenged albums which tend to cause diarrhea to the antifa puritans. One report by those snowflakes and the whole label's long-established activity might end in a strike or ban. Learn from my mistakes then.

Yrs,
Oleh / Old Captain

https://www.patreon.com/oldcaptain
Mailorder & Merch: https://www.discogs.com/seller/Old_Captain/profile

p.s.
The details dated from last month are here:
NEWS CONCERNING MY BANNED BANDCAMP ACCOUNT:
Old Captain's Bandcamp remains blocked and it is impossible to restore it because there is no remedy for human folly. Meanwhile, here is the person who instigated a witch-hunt campaign against me: meet one MysticRemora, a Canadian antifa, backed by a team of snowflake warriors, I assume, who discovered industrial music but forgot to change his diapers and could not sleep till the account is deleted. They first initiated a 'serious' talk on reddit "Old Captain and Fascism" selecting out of my label's 55 physical / 80 digital / 35 merch releases just one, by Streicher (and later also Pogrom (for the very project's name and the album title "Father:Land)), to share their sacred indignation and launch the blitzkrieg of wrath upon a true "hate speaker" like me. I guess they deserve a medal, or at least a badge of courage to so valiantly defeat a criminal who ruined their perfect dreamland of pink unicorns.

FYI: https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerElectronics/comments/krm985/old_captain_and_fascism/

Here is also their account at Discogs (btw, they got many free downloadable codes from my weekly Bandcamp hand-outs recently): https://www.discogs.com/user/MysticRemora

Anyway, I address all those who had orders via my former Bandcamp page and haven't got in touch yet, to do so to complete them if possible (all databases were deleted). Further marginalized and radicalized by true "nazi" of today (antifa) I will forever remain an advocate of free speech rather than surrender to hate speech accusations to get cleansed by those history revisionists.

Theodore

Guy joined the forum, it seems. Just to ask for his personal details to be removed, i guess. Or he would started another campaign otherwise ? - Funny how they run when they are exposed and their anonymity is gone. - So you point your finger to Old Captain -who has a name- and when he points you back you complaint ? I am not surprised.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Soloman Tump

The somewhat sensitive themes covered by the likes of Streicher do not particularly interest or offend me.  I understand that they are close to or over the line of decency for a number of people and that is their decision.  There are not many themes that should be out of bounds when it comes to music.

I have enjoyed a number of releases from your label - annoyingly it looks like the items I have purchased from you have been deleted from my digital bandcamp collection.  I suspect that there is some small print somewhere in the user agreement that says they are allowed to do this.

I wonder if I could request a refund from Bandcamp for their decision? (obviously not if they send you an invoice....)

FreakAnimalFinland

Rules long version:

This section of board is reserved for discussion, information, recommendations and such, related to genres covered by SPECIAL INTEREST magazine: Power Electronics, industrial, noise, experimental, avantgarde, ambient, and related. It can cross over to other genres briefly, yet if you wish to discuss about punk, doom, black metal or whatever, there are other forums for that. There has been accepted to have one topic per other genres of music (black metal, punk, death metal, etc). If you wish to talk about such music styles, do not open more topics about them, but post on the existing one. If by mistake you open new, it's likely topics will be merged by admin.

Discussion can also cover culture, politics, art, other themes related to these genres, but note that there is separate section for SPECIAL INTERESTS ART DISCUSSION for predominantly non-musical content. But also in this section, discussion doesn't have to stay on exclusively sound/music only due special nature of these genres.

Forum can be even heavily moderated if necessary. Do not waste time on posting unnecessary bullshit what takes over topics from the matter itself. Criticism and humor is welcomed, but don't let this board fall into utter nonsense like so many boards do.

This section of forum is no longer to be used to sell releases of your label or band unless it naturally fits along some discussion. For announcing new releases, there is section called NEW RELEASES ANNOUNCEMENTS. For selling 2nd hand stuff, putting small distro lists, etc. use CLASSIFIEDS section of the board. Both found under ANNOUNCEMENTS section.

ACCEPTED:
-Any discussion related to on-topic music & culture IS accepted. This includes controversial topics, what may or may not offend some forum users. There is no cencorship based on opinion, political or other. Users of board are free to express themselves when behaving civilized manner. Possibility of removing messages in entirely at moderators decision.

NOT ACCEPTED:

-Try to stay away from useless oneliners. If all you got to say to some topic would be something you wouldn't want to read, then don't regurgitate such posts here.
(example: someone posts link, and you reply "thanks dude".)

-Blatant off-topic discussion what doesn't fit into any of the categories or covered music styles. There is no MISC section. There is no MISC MUSIC section. To discuss / chat about unrelated topics, choose other forum of your interest.

-Creating the usual scene drama
(example: you bring your useless scene beef's into forum.)

-Topics transforming into personal insults or offensive insults made for no other purpose than cause and take part in "flame wars".

-This is no picture board. Avoid posting pics and funny pics, unless it is absolutely mandatory for topic.

-Linking to illegal material online

-Using for illegal behavior such as doxxing

-Spamming forum with unrelated material and spamming wrong sections of forum.

-If you do not have any NOISE POSTING, and you come here only to post about trivial garbage like "current american politics" or similar, you may be kicked out. Facebook and other platforms are more suitable for that.

If there are some problems with the policy of forum, you can express yourself via PM directly to moderator.
If there are people who seem to clearly violate forum guidelines, report them to moderator.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Theodore on March 12, 2021, 10:22:19 AM
Guy joined the forum, it seems. Just to ask for his personal details to be removed, i guess. Or he would started another campaign otherwise ? - Funny how they run when they are exposed and their anonymity is gone. - So you point your finger to Old Captain -who has a name- and when he points you back you complaint ? I am not surprised.

Not entirely true, but it was reported by others already before man himself,  as it is violation of the guidelines. I'm not online all day everyday, or check every topic, so moderation may drag little behind.
As annoying as it may be to people lose their social media accounts, having items banned at Discogs, having items or accounts deleted at bandcamp etc.. It is nevertheless also possibility to learn and adjust. Hunting down one guy supposedly responsible is sort of pointless, when its merely climate of our time. I would assume most people at his moment know that one could not assume regular bozo or moderators of mainstream platforms can "get" things like Streicher.

SI is here to enable bands, labels, artists, private persons to discuss, sell, trade, buy. Also things that mentioned platforms are touchy about. Simple guidelines of forum make sure that can and will continue.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net