Maskhead

Started by Balor/SS1535, January 22, 2021, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balor/SS1535

I have been really interested in this project recently for his apparent thematic purity and because he creates his own instruments (it would be really cool to hear about these in more detail).  I have liked much of what I have heard by him, and would be really interested in learning more.

Also, the Maskhead Discogs page leads me to think that the project has performed live?

What releases are your favorites?

I. Rex

The most interesting for me, of all the Maskhead's releases, is "Qliphotic Doglust". I like this very distinctive material with strange (and perfect) metal-junk howlings, raw sound, and treble cut-off, which, in this case, makes the material even darker and wilder.

Cranial Blast

I've enjoyed many of the Maskhead releases, but one that sticks out in perticular that I quite enjoyed was Ritualistic Self-Mutilation CD/album. I really enjoyed the track Flesh Breathe that featured Scatmother on vocals. It left me in this awe...hoping that the two of them would just do one total collaborative type album in the similar type of fashion, sort of like how Scatmother and Pissoir Rouge have done. That would be really great!