Minibrute 2s PE

Started by ciuckc, January 18, 2021, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciuckc

Hi, does anybody here own a minibrute 2s and is using it for PE or noise. If yeah do you have some tips on patching or things that I should be looking for? Thanks in advance!

Marciume

Hey there!
It's a great and powerful synth. You can do everything that is known as classic synthesis (including some West Coast applications) with it and the patch bay opens it up for infinite explorations (and interface into Eurorack).
I would start exploring some droning sounds (open up Attenuator 2), play with the oscillators and the filter, test how far you can go with the Brute factor (hear how the resonance reacts?), test some FM, use the noise, use some distortion and/or fuzz, feed the sound back into the Minibrute 2S (you may need a booster for that), etc. Then, start experimenting with modulation (LFO and envelopes) targeted at filter, pitch, amplifier (remember to dial back the Attenuator 2 knob).
The sequencer (all 3-4 channels depending on how you count) is awesome and very playable if you wanna compose "melodies".

tiny_tove

Totally agree with Marciume. I use it mostly to work on patterns and constructed backing tracks. I love Arturia sounds in general, they can be dry and cold like no other synths. I currently have the MInibrute , the microbrute and the minibute 2s.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

ciuckc

Quote from: Marciume on February 22, 2021, 05:17:27 PM
Hey there!
It's a great and powerful synth. You can do everything that is known as classic synthesis (including some West Coast applications) with it and the patch bay opens it up for infinite explorations (and interface into Eurorack).
I would start exploring some droning sounds (open up Attenuator 2), play with the oscillators and the filter, test how far you can go with the Brute factor (hear how the resonance reacts?), test some FM, use the noise, use some distortion and/or fuzz, feed the sound back into the Minibrute 2S (you may need a booster for that), etc. Then, start experimenting with modulation (LFO and envelopes) targeted at filter, pitch, amplifier (remember to dial back the Attenuator 2 knob).
The sequencer (all 3-4 channels depending on how you count) is awesome and very playable if you wanna compose "melodies".

Thanks a lot for the ideeas! I've been experimenting lately with it and I left that eternal pit of finding the same sounds after I started to use the various inputs through the VCA to modulate the FM.

Hemwick

I agree with all that has been said. i have mine for over a year now and the endless possibilities is why I can't say enough good things about. I started off with doing a basic drones and adding and subtracting from that.  As I got more comfortable with it that's when I began to see the potential. I do have it setup in a eurorack right now and also use four guitar pedals with it as well. Hands down my favorite Synthesizer I own