Josh Peterson - Collected Voice, Text and Tape Works (2CD) OUT NOW

Started by Duncan, January 12, 2021, 02:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

Introducing new UK based label and micro distro: adhuman

Our first release is a collection of 5 Josh Peterson titles originally released on low run cassette throughout 2018-2019, newly mastered for compact disc.
The titles collected are: Report & Recital, New Policies, Refusal, An Observational Comedy In Two Acts & Anhedonism.
This marks the first time any of these titles have been made widely available outside of the USA.

Full details and previews can be found on bandcamp: https://adhuman.bandcamp.com/releases

limited to 100 copies. Professionally glass mastered discs. Remastered by Renato Grieco.

£15 + PP calculated separately.

Copies will be stocked by Scream & Writhe (Canada), Detachment Progams (USA), White Centipede Noise (Germany), Tordon Ljud (UK) and Tobira Records (Japan)

Wholesale enquiries are welcome.

All orders/questions to: info AT adhuman.co.uk

www.adhuman.co.uk

APPLE

As the initial tape runs were so small and as his youtube channel seems to have disappeared, it's good to see J Peterson's work being circulated and kept visible.

I enjoyed something about every release I heard from him - it's a shame if he is fully finished with music now but he leaves behind quite an interesting mixture of sounds, approaches and moods across his body of work.

Duncan

It is nice to have so many of these in one place and I think the titles lend themselves to being compiled in this way. I'm biased, of course, but I also think the remastering job Renato did on this adds that little subtle extra touch to the material perfects the move to CD format.

From what I understand there are a couple of final recordings we will see from Josh before the deal is finally sealed on the sound making. Things that were in progress or pending release at the time he decided to dedicate himself to writing.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Will keep my eyes peeled for US distros, or use Scream & Writhe who are always great. Very excited to have a collection of his work as I missed out on the tapes as the runs were so small. Thanks for re-issuing!

theotherjohn

Josh continues to have a fleeting presence on YouTube if you hop around, but how long the uploads he has shared online will remain is uncertain. The non-permanent/anti-archival approach he takes with his audio work both in digital and analog realms makes a CD/bandcamp release like this all the more perversely welcome. Couldn't have been released at a more appropriate time either, it's quite the soundtrack for 2021.

Bottom line, it's a mandatory purchase - whilst you can still get it.

Duncan

Quote from: Fistfuck Masonanie on January 14, 2021, 04:04:35 PM
Will keep my eyes peeled for US distros, or use Scream & Writhe who are always great. Very excited to have a collection of his work as I missed out on the tapes as the runs were so small. Thanks for re-issuing!

Copies went out to S&W in the mail today so I'd hope that you'll be hearing about that in a month or so. A few more distro arrangements are hopefully in the works so definitely keep your eyes open over the next week or two for more news.

Duncan

Update - wasn't able to make a USA distribution happen after all. Still got some copies so all inquiries welcome.

Duncan

Update - Copies are on the way to Detachment Programs (USA)