New on Index Clean (AUS) The False Face Society - Running Me Down CD

Started by absoluten calfeutrail, November 21, 2020, 05:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

absoluten calfeutrail

IC-015 The False Face SocietyRunning Me Down Compact Disc
Running Me Down is a piece of fiction written by Russell Walker in Spring/Summer 2020, based on events in Normandy where his mother lived from the late 1990s. The writing was divided into five different parts and narrated by Walker, then sent to five different collaborators to provide musical accompaniment.

Hailing from Ruislip, West London but presently a resident of Hitchin, North Hertfordshire, Russell Walker's writing finds home in diverse settings, from art rock units The Bomber Jackets and The Pheromoans, through to novel When New Towns Act Tough (Larching Books, 2016). Running Me Down follows Half Time 1916 (Chocolate Monk, 2018) and sits closest to the predominantly text driven sound work released previously by Walker under his own name, and as a part of Charcoal Owls and The Teleporters. Here variegated impressionistic electronics provide a fitting bed for a faultlessly dry five-part spoken narrative of undesirable company and parochial outlooks.

All text by Russell Walker, and all other sounds by Paul Watson, Design a Wave, Anna Peaker, Tom Scott, and R Elizabeth.

Compact disc + download available at https://index-clean.bandcamp.com/

Cheers

Mark Groves / Index Clean