Starting to like USA noise

Started by slagfrenzy tapes, October 18, 2020, 08:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagfrenzy tapes

I've thought you were tools. You USAmericans.
But from the C10 why bother topic, there was good points raised.
You look ugly. You react. It doesn't make a difference. That's why it's so condensed.

The rest/most of the world/planet vote the powers that be into power. That's how power works. And you have the little trump, that was what you voted for before. And your place on this planet is a joke.

Your condensation of frustration into a C10 works. I believe the Japanese do this too. But they vote.

Let's see what comes out of the USA after your election?

Stench through disruption.

Or as my partner says "we're watching the fall of the Roman empire in real time"

And please stop trump from twerking. Please.

holy ghost

I'm a Canadian but I don't need universal health care to predict where this thread is going.....

slagfrenzy tapes

Please stop trump dancing.
Is that what you're scared of?

Im scared!!!

slagfrenzy tapes

No.
This topic is not about bashing people that live in the USA.
It's about, I get why you fellas keep punching short tape jams out.
Maybe I'm wrong.

FreakAnimalFinland

I had long time feeling, that a lot of people appreciated the 90's USA harsh noise, but sort of overlooked the 2000's. I won't go into route of claiming it's all about big boys praising mid 90's crunchy harshness. Perhaps it is also about time. While a lot of 2005'ish harsh noise felt at time good - but also somehow less personal, now with +-15 years, one can see strength of releases that stood out from the mass of releases.

So, even as a distributor, last years I have noticed new demand for that era of (USA) noise. Perhaps back then merely sheer abundance of stuff, and big editions of CD pressings resulted that items were often in discount bins. Now, I see people who really would like to grab ton of stuff of that era. Even to point where some items can be reissued and they have demand.

Current USA harsh noise I do like a lot. Also, one has to say that none of them are "clone" of former self. 1995, 2005, 2015.. I think there is difference there. Technical excellency of some of contemporary USA noise makers is on unheard level. At the same time, I don't think the old spirit of mid 90's have been ever replicated really.

Sooo.. starting to like? Well, I have always liked good USA noise. Not uncritical worship, but I think there are currently noise acts that instantly go into top of the game, and some of 15 years old releases that now cement their status to be among the undisputed classics. Something that wasn
T necessarily admitted too quickly after they came out.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

slagfrenzy tapes

Perfect, tha reason for dis dis.
I don't live in the FREE WORLD. THE WONDER OF US POOR FUCKERS.
I was blinded by yr image, but now I've listened to yr stuff. Well I'm humbled. No shit.
Yr image gets in tha way.. It's total bullshit..

I shit you not.
Tonight the CD is DJ SCUD - AMBUSH

New Forces

New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

slagfrenzy tapes

Quote from: New Forces on October 19, 2020, 04:10:23 PM
https://slagfrenzytapes.bandcamp.com/track/in-denial

A sheet of tinfoil, a microphone, a delay machine.

I have thought long & hard on the point you're making.

I've failed.

minimal.impact

Quote from: slagfrenzy tapes on October 19, 2020, 06:09:27 AM
It's about, I get why you fellas keep punching short tape jams out.
This is an interesting interpretation. Condensed might be a good word to describe these short-form releases you talk of. There's a sense of immediacy and indexicality too, which might (recently) be as much a response to the need to appear to be creatively active through demanding social times.

Compartmentalized? Consolidated? Capitalized? Perhaps other words which could work as well as condensation.