Marking Your Own/Surrounding Person/Territory In Culture (MYOPIC to MYSTIC)

Started by theotherjohn, September 27, 2020, 07:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: JLIAT on October 08, 2020, 07:13:30 PM
So for me it shows how making, music, or perhaps sounds, and images is something far more fundamental than the structures we now live in.

It makes one wonder what the structure of this fundamentality of creation is.  Will to power, perhaps?

JLIAT

The Nietzschean WTP is the Eternal Return of the Same... ('The most gruesome of ideas') which chimes with more recent ideas of multiverses, i.e. in an infinite universe there will be infinite repetitions of everything and everyone.  For myself I cant go with this – for the identity of indiscernibles (Leibniz). So? The world for me is more than I'm able to grasp, it's noise....  ;-)

Zeno Marx

As I was gathering pins, patches, and whatnot from clothing, bags here, boxes there, and wherever I littered them in/on my stuff, I was thinking about the uniform and if it would be less, or more, acknowledged today than in the past.  My gut reflex is to think it would be even more frowned upon than in the past.  Even with the volatile political climate and the paramilitary wingers (or maybe because of them), the black and/or gray surplus uniform would more readily stand out in our homogenized society.  Maybe it is nothing more than my convoluted sense of what is acceptable today and what was common yesterday in big cities that makes me think a person in all black with bloused pants and boots would be frightful to some now, where as in 1985, it would barely get a second look.  I haven't been to a punk show in a long time, but back then, the uniform was a dwindling aspect of the culture.  It had become so rote that it had been discarded by most.  Maybe it would again have impact today.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.