Opulent Adversary - "Shock and Awe" debut C40

Started by Obetavá.Protivník, August 05, 2020, 10:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obetavá.Protivník

NOW AVAILABLE~*

I'm pleased to announce the release of Opulent Adversary's debut on cassette: a 7-track industrial examination of the exploits of the U.S. Armed Forces in the Persian Gulf. "Shock and Awe" interprets America's involvement in Operations Desert Shield/Storm-Iraqi/Enduring Freedom through the integral aspects of the Processean tetrad. Driven by abrasive synth, static soundscapes and rife with the euphonies of war, "Shock and Awe" should be found duly pleasing to fans of Death Industrial and Harsh Techno alike.

Please direct all order inquiries to: opulent.adversary@protonmail.ch

$7 + s&h ($3 US, international to be calculated upon inquiry)

Orders will be fulfilled as expediently as possible, given the current state of the postal service, domestic and international.

"I bring you a vision of WAR. Roam with Me over the battlefields of the world. Gaze upon the mutilated corpses side by side with the still writhing bodies of the mortally wounded. Hear the pleading, helpess, hopeless cries of those who take a long time dying." - RDG

Track 2 ~ "Human Shields"
https://youtu.be/O9NWUe6iZL8

Ashmonger

A limited amount of copies of this tape are available through Iron Scourge.
Really neat for a first release, I suck at comparing projects, but I'm somewhat reminded of Grey Wolves, though less oppressive in atmosphere and sound, probably there are other influences I'm not aware of. Great layout, pro-printed, with a nice A4 sized collage as extra. Would there be comments? Sure, there are really good synth and sounds, but after a first listen, I'd say that perhaps some more catchiness here and there or being more oppressive overall might benefit this.
Interested in seeing where this project will go.