Your latest gear purchases

Started by host body, July 23, 2020, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cementimental

2 fake gameboys, one with a flashcart which was a bargain :)

Cementimental

the USB cart actually has LSDJ with someone's tune/s on it :D

PedestrianOrgans

Just won a Moog Subsequent 37 on eBay, sold a load of my gear to pay for it and it was worth it, totally stoked to get it in the mail, hopefully next week sometime.

HONOR_IS_KING!

KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

Potier

Been working on a tiny skiff myself after selling off some gear last year...nowhere near the monster above me, this is the newest addition - in the mail atm:

PedestrianOrgans

Quote from: Potier on August 10, 2020, 10:12:39 PM
Been working on a tiny skiff myself after selling off some gear last year...nowhere near the monster above me, this is the newest addition - in the mail atm:

......is there some odd name bias happening here? Hahaha.

Potier

Quote from: PedestrianOrgans on August 11, 2020, 07:06:30 AM

......is there some odd name bias happening here? Hahaha.

Yes. Toepfer/Doepfer - "Potayto"/"Potahto" - close in name, german & affordable - how can I say no.

HONOR_IS_KING!

This is good, but have you peeped game on the Ochd? Although you cant select between different wave forms it features 8 "free floating" lfos. Its only $185 and I can't reccommend it enough.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

Japsi

Finally got my old Fostex 4-track back...well, I say "my" but it's actually the guy from The Council Scheme who had it and I'm buying it off him. Needs a new belt but it still works, and I have a stack of C60's to play around with. Also got my APC40 controller so that I've got more live control of synths, rather than having to pre-automate. Should be fun to get some tape loops on the go and create tapestries of filthy sounding samples!

Potier

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on August 12, 2020, 06:59:33 PM

This is good, but have you peeped game on the Ochd? Although you cant select between different wave forms it features 8 "free floating" lfos. Its only $185 and I can't reccommend it enough.

Yes, I had seen the Ochd and it does indeed look great. Inter-modulating LFOs - organic movement etc. - I simply had a hard time justifying the price and ultimately elected to go with something more simple with the same footprint - there certainly is a chance I will regret the decision further down the road. :-) What little Doepfer gear I have has been serving me well and you can't beat the price-point on their modules.

BigBrowneye

Never want synths but got a monologue and use in my effect loop with a parametric eq and dod dfx 94 and plug a mic and source material into loop. Really makes my shitty little set up way more versatile. Really love the synth now. Reminds me of the old analog notation bass station 2 rack I guess except way more aggressive. Can be really harsh.

Electro Surgeon

Scored a box of 40 old cassette Walkman's and a couple of new machines from METTA in Australia

This is gonna be fun
INNERCITY UPRISING RECORDS
AUSTRALIAN NOISE AND PUNK

urall

Quote from: Electro Surgeon on October 28, 2020, 10:06:00 AM
Scored a box of 40 old cassette Walkman's and a couple of new machines from METTA in Australia

This is gonna be fun

haha i bought 2 big banana boxes of tapeplayers once, untested.... FUN!

Uncle_bin

For me my last purchase has been the Koma field kit FX. Really cool little box. Super versatile, cool ugly bit crusher, delay, the ability to hook up a spring reverb, 4 cv inputs to modulate any parametres, 4 channel mixer. Its not that expensive and it does a lot for me.