Non-RRR recycled tapes?

Started by Rubby, July 11, 2020, 10:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euro Trash Bazooka

I deliberately use recycled tapes for most of my self released stuff.

I've dubbed hundred of tapes on tapes made for teaching the Bible to kids for instance. It was even cooler when I used some of that batch of tapes for my older black metal band.

I do it for aesthetics, plain ethics, sound, and also because I had enough experiences of duplication plants messing with the mixes, cutting the beginning of a song on one side, etc... Also, I believe that the few people who ask for my stuff may enjoy knowing it was all made at home for them. It takes a considerable amount of time but I also personally really dislike when buying something from the underground feels the same as ordering whatever random commodity I need from Amazon. But I guess I'm just a nostalgic fuck who still daydreams of when he was ordering records through phone calls and wasn't surprised when a package came with a handwritten note. Whenever I get a tape with a plain-colored shell and 1/2 or A and B scratched on it by what seems to be a handicapped 7-year-old, it drives me nuts. However, if I do get a recycled tape with some extra material left on the dubbed side or the B side, I begin wondering about it, and it greatly enhances my experience of the release or "relation" with the artist.

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Theodore

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on July 13, 2020, 12:04:28 AM
I deliberately use recycled tapes for most of my self released stuff.

I've dubbed hundred of tapes on tapes made for teaching the Bible to kids for instance. It was even cooler when I used some of that batch of tapes for my older black metal band.

Yes, i have some of that Bible cassettes from you. Really funny is when i saw that Andy Bolus used some of them too for his Evil Moisture Live box. Their 'availability' made me question either french loosing faith or catechism is done with podcasts these days, heh. - On one of his tapes something really weird happens, for 30 sec, some minutes in, the bible speach appears and is mixed with the music ! The only explanation i can give is this cant be an accident, unless he accidently played another bible tape through a mixer used for dubbing at the moment. Happens on both channels of one side, and it fits, sounds good !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Lazrs3

Quote from: CannibalRitual on July 12, 2020, 10:29:20 AM
Harsh Noise London

Yes, these do recycled tapes. They operate through a Facebook page of the same name and have done gigs in London.