MANIA -- three Swedish tapes reissued

Started by Tommy Carlsson, April 21, 2020, 01:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Carlsson

Like many other of his friends and allies, I wanted to help Keith out when he got his cancer diagnosis. The plan was to reissue the three Mania tapes that he released on Swedish labels back in 2005-2006. Since they were all long out of print and sought after, and since I had access to the masters and could make a new edition of them, it seemed like a good way to generate some funds for Keith when he really needed them. Sadly, the news of his sudden passing came just as I was doing the final print work, and all plans were shelved.

Keith, you are missed. Rest in peace.

After a lot of thinking back and forth, I have decided to go on, and make the tapes available. They are sold at near cost, and they will all remain available indefinitely. The tapes are all C30 tapes, and come with three-color risograph printed covers, based on the original artwork. Initial copies are on chrome tapes, future copies will be on normal grade tapes.

To be perfectly clear -- these are not limited, and they will remain available as long as I am around, or as long as there are blank c30s to be found. Flippers and vultures have nothing to gain here, so just stay away... you won't be able to put the tapes up for retarded inflated prices on discogs in a year, unless you're looking to make an ass of yourself. I have many hundreds of covers printed, and I'll be happy to keep dubbing tapes as long as I'm around.

The tapes are:
Miserable Disposition -- originally released by Harsh Head Rituals
If they move... kill 'em -- originally released on Vemod Records
Eros + Massacre -- originally released on Abisko

Tapes are 5 euro each + postage
(postage cost right now = 4 euro for one tape, 7 euro for 2-3 tapes)

For all orders (and if you have any questions) email me -- abisko at gmail [.] com

PS -- please feel free to share this information via any social medias you use. I'd suggest pointing people to this post. I don't use any social medias, and contact via email is the only way to get the tapes. There will be no distribution whatsoever. Thank you.

sterilization

Shared! Can't wait to get my copies. RIP. I think about him often.

deutscheasphalt

Glad you went through with it Tommy, full support!
I'll be interesting to see how many people actually will "make an effort" to contact you for purchasing these

totalblack

these are all top notch tapes, great quality and a lot of care put into these reissues

sterilization

Quote from: deutscheasphalt on April 22, 2020, 02:28:00 PM
Glad you went through with it Tommy, full support!
I'll be interesting to see how many people actually will "make an effort" to contact you for purchasing these

Is it really that uncommon nowadays for people to actually take the time to reach out personally via email as opposed to being able to instantly grab something from an online storefront Johannes? As someone that is completely out of touch with the sales side of e-commerce I'm genuinely curious. That's hard for me to wrap my head around as I would ALWAYS rather have a direct line of communication with who I'm doing business with than just fill a cart and check out.

deutscheasphalt

You probably wouldn't believe the amount of requests and orders that get cancelled or withdrawn for the sole reason I don't accept paypal.
Can only assume the dark figure of people who don't reach out in the first place cause it's too many clicks but in these times of instant check-outs, instagram feeds, likes & dislikes I think it's pretty high.
But I don't wanna turn this thread into another economic moral discussion just to all the RIPpers out there make sure you buy these tapes and keep a legacy alive.

LIFE

Hail Tommy.

"Isolation is Lonely Murder" is a title that has crossed my mind weekly since that release came out. Funny that it hasn't crossed my mind with the recent cultural "relevance" of a title like that.

The above releases too are in that same headspace for me and there was something oddly profound and mysterious about those early Mania releases when coupled with their titles.

monster ripper

Is it really that uncommon nowadays for people to actually take the time to reach out personally via email as opposed to being able to instantly grab something from an online storefront Johannes? As someone that is completely out of touch with the sales side of e-commerce I'm genuinely curious. That's hard for me to wrap my head around as I would ALWAYS rather have a direct line of communication with who I'm doing business with than just fill a cart and check out.
[/quote]

You are seriously underestimating the shear laziness of the general population.  If it takes more then two clicks of the mouse, it's to much effort.

DSOL

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

absurdexposition

Quote from: monster ripper on April 23, 2020, 04:20:05 PM

You are seriously underestimating the shear laziness of the general population.  If it takes more then two clicks of the mouse, it's to much effort.

I didn't really believe it either until I changed ecommerce platforms and my site went from "email for a total" to self-checkout and orders essentially doubled.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

PTM Jim

Quote from: absurdexposition on April 24, 2020, 04:28:28 PM
Quote from: monster ripper on April 23, 2020, 04:20:05 PM

You are seriously underestimating the shear laziness of the general population.  If it takes more then two clicks of the mouse, it's to much effort.

I didn't really believe it either until I changed ecommerce platforms and my site went from "email for a total" to self-checkout and orders essentially doubled.
Same.

WCN

Back to the topic at hand: Not only are these a loving tribute to one of Noise/PE most significant artists ever, you have a super high quality tape in both content and presentation for such a price something unheard of these days. May they spread like a virus!
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

Baglady

These are indeed very nice reissues. And perhaps it's just my ears, but I think they sound even better now on chrome compared to the originals. So hurry up and get the chrome copies while they last.

Hatefukk

This is a really great thing that you are doing. I remember having to search everywhere to get myself a copy of the last release of Mania that came out not too long ago. All the copies from us distributors were gone almost immediately but there were copies up on discogs for 5 x what it costed originally. I will definitely be picking these up once I have the extra cash on hand.