Mr. Natural / John Sharp of Blazen Y Sharp

Started by MyrtleLake, April 18, 2020, 01:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyrtleLake

An LP for Mr, Natural exists with the title "A." A cassette exists according to Discogs with the title "D." This leads me to believe that "B" and "C," if not more exist. Does anyone here know anything about such recordings beyond rumor and assumption?

XXX

i have a 7" simply signed on one side "mr natural" & "45 rpm" i don't see it on discogs. could be one of these as i see the LP was completely untitled as well.

MyrtleLake

Yes, the LP has a completely generic sticker that only is labeled "A." In fact, the shrink on the LP has the sticker and (I assume original) signed "Mr. Natural." So if you remove the shrink wrap, it is not labeled at all!

MyrtleLake

I may as well post this here for anyone interested. One day this week I was bored and perusing Bandcamp through only the genre tags. Endlessly flipping through things, all of a sudden this popped up:

Mr. Natural / licht-ung: split 12"
Quote: "planned back in 2007, finally released as 12" [lathe]"

FreakAnimalFinland

Back in 2005 I was in Japan same time as Mr. Natural had his tour there. Our paths crossed for couple of days and played couple same nights, although tours were not consciously organized together.
All he had, was wooden branch, with couple wires attached to it. Contact 2 microphones build in, and two delay pedals. He would make the sound by scratching the wood or working with the wires and making loops or delays with the pedals. Really good stuff.

Already back then, he talked about the difference of releasing noise. That back in the 90's, could just put out 7" and people would actually order it after seeing flyer. Later on things became quite different and guy doing small release once in a while, with no website, no proper mailorder, etc...  I think he did few things selling them only at gigs?

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

impulse manslaughter

I saw him around 2000 when he was on tour with The Haters. He brought a plant and some contact mics and effect. His show was just stroking the plant. Bought some 7"s and later traded a few more releases from his great Gender-Less Kibbutz label.