MUSIC CREATION IN CONFINEMENT ?

Started by gabalgabow, April 07, 2020, 05:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabalgabow

Did you make music during the confinement? Does it sound sicker than usual?
Does it sound more angry and brutal, or more depressed and sorrowful?
Post some links!

Balor/SS1535

I tried, but it is hard to record noise when you are stuck at home with your family!  It seems like a perfect climate to record in, though, and I hope to get a chance to do so soon.

Duncan

lots and lots of 'gigs' being live streamed/broadcast in the UK right now. A really cool response and in some ways way more of a community situation than real, in person shows given the option to watch with people in other cities and countries.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Duncan on April 13, 2020, 09:42:57 PM
lots and lots of 'gigs' being live streamed/broadcast in the UK right now. A really cool response and in some ways way more of a community situation than real, in person shows given the option to watch with people in other cities and countries.

Who is performing, and where can these shows be seen?  I saw part of a cool (non-noise) show on youtube livestream yesterday.  I really like this trend, and I hope it continues after the virus is gone.

Duncan

Things tend to be streamed across a number of platforms. Fairly pro quality actually live in real time things on streams across to DIY, fucked up, weird things on messaging apps.  Everything from people just goofing into phone cameras to multiple camera, desk audio things.  Too many artists to name and mostly withing the UK weirdo underground but some international things I've seen listed would be Crank Sturgeon, Straight Panic, Peter J Woods, Tom Smith (TLASILA) and more.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Duncan on April 13, 2020, 11:11:28 PM
Things tend to be streamed across a number of platforms. Fairly pro quality actually live in real time things on streams across to DIY, fucked up, weird things on messaging apps.  Everything from people just goofing into phone cameras to multiple camera, desk audio things.  Too many artists to name and mostly withing the UK weirdo underground but some international things I've seen listed would be Crank Sturgeon, Straight Panic, Peter J Woods, Tom Smith (TLASILA) and more.

Sounds cool.  I will look into some of the livestreams.

NO PART OF IT

I've contributed to about 6 compilations, but I've actually allowed down time to happen and allowed myself to watch movies and read fiction books.  I'm usually too busy to allow myself to do that.   
A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com

Soloman Tump

I have contributed to 2 compilations so far, and made 6 tracks for 2 split releases.
I have also reset my recording space (I cannot call it a studio!) and broadcast 3 DJ sets so far.
Creatively it has been fun,.... have been shut at home with my wife and kids a fair bit but have managed to find some "me" time.
Have also combined my exercise / outdoor time with taking field recordings (mainly birdsong and wildlife). Hope to use in future music projects.
I also finished making my workbench for the garage, to assist with making of future projects...
Also, watched a bit of tv, done plenty of cooking, decluttering / tidying...
So, pretty productive. 

minimal.impact

Yes, I've been doing music during confinement. Mostly going over older recordings, as I've only recorded, or rather re-recorded, one new piece. Most of the things I'm working towards were initiated before lockdowns and social distancing were introduced. Something about productivity culture - I'm not going to be making anything just because it's expected, or using my time any differently. Definitely been doing a lot more for myself, which only in part includes creative pursuits.

sadneck

I've used this time to finish off a bunch of recordings and begin new collaborations. Can't say they are any bleaker or sicker or anything, but I have been able to get more things done in a shorter space of time than usual.

And as mentioned above, the live streams of stuff over here have been superb.