Special Interest
April 20, 2021, 07:38:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Mail / Postage situation due to Covid-19  (Read 22185 times)
Theodore
Heavy user

« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2021, 12:38:33 AM »

RE: UK shipping : Hm, so it seems it's probably the same as US etc. now. Thresholds for gifts and purchases that if above them you have to pay. For Greece these are 21EUR for purchases / 40+ EUR for gifts. Incl. shipping cost. If they stop it you have to pay 15EUR+VAT. If they doubt about the declaration you are at their mercy. Probably they will charge you and you will have to proove them wrong. And it's that 15EUR standard fee that hurts ...

From what i have seen, small packets of 2-4 tapes / CDs pass free of charge, given the sender uses his name, not company / store. It is sent as gift and declared value is low but reasonable [~4EUR a tape] . For vinyls, i dont know, i guess will be more difficult, will catch more attention cause of size [?] .

“ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες”
holy ghost
Diehard user

« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2021, 02:13:50 AM »

Canada Post is slow as fuck right here now ... they say it because of holiday period .....

You can say that again! I think it’s a new inevitability, and believe me, I am a STAUNCH advocate of Canada Post - I’ve had ONE package go missing in 25 years of frequently ordering records and that was clearly a case of me getting ripped off given the label (who eventually made it right two years later).

I’m used to a package from Scream and Writhe typically taking 24 hours from Montreal to Toronto, and 8-12 days from the US. I ordered from Skeleton Dust before the holidays and it hasn’t even left the US! (Obviously no shade to Skeleton Dust and S&W - they are of course obviously excellent!!).
absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2021, 04:11:59 PM »

With Canada I find it's often the direction a package is going that seems to make a difference. Vancouver to Montreal has been arriving in exactly a week as of late, but Montreal to Vancouver can take almost 2 weeks. Going west has had longer delivery times for at least the past 3 years, though. Must be something to do with Quebec distribution hubs.

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
holy ghost
Diehard user

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2021, 05:41:32 PM »

I got a package from Sam/The Rita in two days last week where usually it’s a week or two from Vancouver to Toronto. It’s bizarre!
Potier
user

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2021, 08:39:11 AM »

Tried ordering some records from Finland the other day and was informed that there currently is no shipping from Finland to Canada. Apparently US is still cool but not north of there...

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2021, 10:08:16 AM »

oh damn! Australia and NZ seems to be open today, 14.1.2021! Got a lot of shipping to do...

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Potier
user

« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2021, 11:24:59 PM »

Tried ordering some records from Finland the other day and was informed that there currently is no shipping from Finland to Canada. Apparently US is still cool but not north of there...
Apparently the issue has now been resolved - shipping from Finland to Canada back on - let's see how long it'll take to get here.

Meaning Corrupted

« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2021, 12:54:54 AM »

Apparently the issue has now been resolved - shipping from Finland to Canada back on - let's see how long it'll take to get here.

I'm located in US right below you, order shipped 12/16, still waiting patient. Reminds me of ordering pre-internet, waiting waiting waiting... then one day randomly, your mailbox brings the !!!!!

!MONDO ANTHEM!<br />Live Large, Live Often.<br />www.WillRage.org
Meaning Corrupted

« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2021, 06:19:01 AM »

And Arrival. 35 days, not bad, all things considered. Now to dig in ✊

!MONDO ANTHEM!<br />Live Large, Live Often.<br />www.WillRage.org
totalblack
Heavy user

« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2021, 09:18:52 PM »

Just heard that a parcel shipped from Germany on the 4th January arrived in New York on the 23rd via regular Deutsche Post goods mail. Several other tracked parcels sent via DHL haven't had any update since the start of November however. It seems that the delivery for smaller parcels is becoming normalized and quick again, but things from before the holidays and US election are still backlogged.

holy ghost
Diehard user

« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2021, 04:00:27 PM »

182 positive cases reported at the Canada Post sorting plant in Mississauga, Ontario. Delays are happening but damn Canadian people please be careful handling your mail!

I’m a frontline healthcare worker so I am now fully vaccinated as of last week and even then it doesn’t feel any different after a full year of being so overtly cautious.....

Also speaking of shipping I ordered a few records from Japan recently and they’re all using DHL Express to ship packages out. 3 days in total from records being dropped off to being delivered. Pretty amazing for $30 USD. I pay on average $18-25 from the US for an LP and that takes 3 weeks pandemic, 2 weeks regular. Even DHL from the US takes at least 3-4 weeks (although that’s significantly cheaper and well worth it!).
Urban Noise
user

« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2021, 11:08:33 AM »

Does someone knows what the situation with mail from Europe to the US?
A package I sent in December arrived in USJFKA in the 30 of December and it is still to be delivered to the destination. No changes in the tracking after that and now I have a dude asking me about it... As if I'm not in the other side of the damn Atlantic.

Duncan
Heavy user

« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2021, 02:36:19 PM »

Does someone knows what the situation with mail from Europe to the US?
A package I sent in December arrived in USJFKA in the 30 of December and it is still to be delivered to the destination. No changes in the tracking after that and now I have a dude asking me about it... As if I'm not in the other side of the damn Atlantic.

What control do you have over it at this point? You're looking at the same tracking information as he is presumably?
Urban Noise
user

« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2021, 03:02:45 PM »

If he's even looking at the tracking, yes, same tracking number as the pack left from Portugal.

My control over the pack is zero at this point, it arrived in the US so, basically, I can't do shit.

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2021, 03:37:56 PM »

This is very common situation.
 It says in Finnish post site that "for example, custom clearance in the United States may delay. Due to the aforementioned reasons the shipments may de delayed for weeks".

Also, this is nothing new. For couple of years, there has been cases where cargo arrives to JFK, whole container remains unprocessed for weeks, even month(s). Then one day someone opens it and mail goes forward. Meanwhile, shipment done day before or after had no delays at all.

At the moment I have successfully sent most orders and then again, couple items bending 2 months - probably at JFK. Not scanned at USA yet.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  

Jump to: