Current Mail / Postage situation due to Covid-19

Started by WCN, March 27, 2020, 03:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSOL

Quote from: DSOL on May 27, 2020, 03:59:24 PM
located in the US, waiting for 2 packages from Sweden, yesterday was exactly one month when the first one was shipped, the 2nd one a few days later

received one of the packages today - just a single cassette which was ordered a few days after my other which is 3 cassettes  - different sellers
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

acsenger

Quote from: acsenger on May 27, 2020, 11:21:51 PM
These examples of packages arriving after months give me some hope that my package posted from Sweden to Hungary on 15 April may eventually arrive, although it was sent unregistered and the distance is far less than between the US and Europe...

My package (with two Masonna 7"s) finally arrived today. It took 7 weeks for it to get from Sweden to Hungary. It definitely made my day.

Fistfuck Masonanie

I'm still waiting on a package from Finland to the US since March 30! I know it's not on the seller as they have a good reputation and the world is in utter chaos. Glad to see other people are getting their shit and I still have hope but it's frustrating. There are worse things happening in the world and I'll continue to be patient (*besides this post). Most things domestically have gotten here but are still taking a couple of weeks to a month. All hail the worldwide noise distribution network and I hope the USPS survives the recent attacks on their existence.

implementsofsacrifice

Just received a package sent from Germany in under two weeks while another from Germany remains undelivered after over five weeks.

Many others still missing from elsewhere for upwards of a month... some larger packages, some just one CD.

absurdexposition

Just received packages shipped March 20, April 21, and April 30. The March 20 package was from Germany, other two were USA.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

eyesofsatan

So IS Germany able to ship to the states now? I saw multiple German labels mention its still restricted?

WCN

Quote from: eyesofsatan on June 09, 2020, 09:11:05 PM
So IS Germany able to ship to the states now? I saw multiple German labels mention its still restricted?

Still not able to ship. I'm half expecting it to be enabled any day now, half thinking it might stay closed longer due to the unrest.
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

totalblack

There's updates on the restrictions posted a few times a week but they have recently been about a lot of African and South American countries accepting shipments. Australia and USA are without any movement, and the packages I've sent to Canada seem to have gone by boat as they have taken over a month to get across the Atlantic.

holy ghost

Quote from: WCN on June 09, 2020, 09:24:51 PM
Quote from: eyesofsatan on June 09, 2020, 09:11:05 PM

Still not able to ship. I'm half expecting it to be enabled any day now, half thinking it might stay closed longer due to the unrest.

Speaking as a Canadian who just bought that Sewer Election box you listed I have no issue waiting until "safe" to send....

Soloman Tump

Crank Sturgeon posted my parcel 10 days ago and its still sat in LA.... Its ok, i'm patient....

implementsofsacrifice

Quote from: totalblack on June 09, 2020, 10:27:55 PM
There's updates on the restrictions posted a few times a week but they have recently been about a lot of African and South American countries accepting shipments. Australia and USA are without any movement, and the packages I've sent to Canada seem to have gone by boat as they have taken over a month to get across the Atlantic.

I hate to say it, but I think that they are in Canada, but remain undelivered. Since the pandemic struck, I've had packages from all over the place take months to arrive, even after the tracking is updated with something along the lines of "sent to destination country". Canada Post is a shit show right now and I honestly believe that international mail is just sitting in warehouses, waiting to be processed.

I just received a package from France in about two weeks, while packages from Brazil and Germany, to name a couple, are still unaccounted for after upwards of two and one month(s), respectively... again - no rhyme or reason to how it works, from what i can tell! If it squeaks through, it squeaks through?

Electro Surgeon

ABSOLIUTELY SHIT !!!!

Coming from Australia, the island at the asshole of the world, international post is almost non existant.

Australia post have cancelled all post of smaller air mail items so cassettes can no longer be posted unless you pay $25 for a fully tracked service where it is usually only $8.95

CDs must now be sent without cases in order to slip them in as "documents" only mail.

Because we have shut our boarders there is very minimal air freight leaving the country.

I have been told by my postal worker that there are warehouses of mail being stock piled.

So yeah, its grim down here.

I have so much international stuff to release on my label but im holding off on release dates so that people can actually order the stuff.

https://innercityuprising.bandcamp.com/music

INNERCITY UPRISING RECORDS
AUSTRALIAN NOISE AND PUNK

implementsofsacrifice

I just received tracking updates for an outgoing international package that hadn't been updated in roughly seven weeks. It appears as though it was shipped surface mail to Spain due to the limitations on flights and cargo availability. I can't help but find it funny that I'm not notified until after it reaches the other side... meanwhile, some idiot already claimed on this package and forced a refund weeks ago. You would think that Paypal would adapt and prevent impatient buyers from taking action after only six weeks have elapsed.

Theodore

Quote from: implementsofsacrifice on June 14, 2020, 07:21:17 PM
I just received tracking updates for an outgoing international package that hadn't been updated in roughly seven weeks. It appears as though it was shipped surface mail to Spain due to the limitations on flights and cargo availability. I can't help but find it funny that I'm not notified until after it reaches the other side... meanwhile, some idiot already claimed on this package and forced a refund weeks ago. You would think that Paypal would adapt and prevent impatient buyers from taking action after only six weeks have elapsed.

I guess once it gets delivered you can report to Paypal with the tracking confirmation and some message that proves this tracking number was that specific order, and claim your payment.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Hatefukk

Quote from: implementsofsacrifice on June 05, 2020, 12:10:23 AM
Just received a package sent from Germany in under two weeks while another from Germany remains undelivered after over five weeks.

Many others still missing from elsewhere for upwards of a month... some larger packages, some just one CD.

That is interesting.  I'm waiting on the vinyl for the new Scatmother album and I was told that Germany is not allowed to ship to the US at this point.  I would really love to get that album finally, i ordered it as a pre-order last year and was excited when I heard it finally got pressed at the plant just to get saddened by the message i received saying I still wouldn't get it.  Can anyone confirm that Germany is able to ship to the US?