Current Mail / Postage situation due to Covid-19

Started by WCN, March 27, 2020, 03:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Noise

Here in Portugal, packages are sent and received without problems from must places around the world. Delayed yes, but looks like those delays have very little to do with the Portuguese postal system.
Sent a couple of packs a few days ago, both inside EU and outside, and all are on their way.
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

absurdexposition

Here in Canada, other than a package from the UK received earlier this week, I haven't gotten anything in 2 weeks (as of tomorrow). I usually get packages of distro stock daily. However, the orders that I ship seem to be arriving.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

online prowler

Norway post operating as normal. Delays should however be expected throughout the system as post transit from A to B is dependant on crossing one or more country borders in which various health sanctions are in operation.

One of my Japan contacts informed me that Japan Post have quit shipping to several countries throughout the world, but DHL still operates normally.

Hatefukk

I've ordered a fair amount of items over the last month or so and I've noticed a major slow down in certain areas. I'm up in Washington state and items coming from the east coast seem to be arriving much faster then items shipping from California. I have a couple packages that have already been sitting in LA and Santa Clarita respectively for multiple days with no updates. It seems like southern California I being really slow at the moment. Packages still seem to be arriving but right now getting something I the mail is a pretty exciting occasion so I really wish things would get here sooner. On an unrelated note I have some items delayed by covid 19 not because of shipping but because of delays at the pressing plant. It seems like I've been waiting on the new Scatnother vinyl forever. Not anyone's fault but it is still disappointing.

murderous_vision

I have three packages held up somewhere in the world for around a month. They are from Russia, Finland and Australia. No idea when/if they will arrive...

[MBD]

Quote from: Hatefukk on April 15, 2020, 08:40:18 AM
I have a couple packages that have already been sitting in LA and Santa Clarita respectively for multiple days with no updates. It seems like southern California I being really slow at the moment.

Quote from: USPSThe California Department of Food and Agriculture reports that there has been a resurgence of Virulent Newcastle Disease in Southern California. The below quarantine remains in effect. There is no end date.  This quarantine is effective immediately across the following affected Districts.

San Diego
Los Angeles
Santa Ana
Sierra Coastal

This could be the reason for your delays.
Material Body Dysfunction & Flickering Coward. Cincinnati OH USA.

https://linktr.ee/materialbodydysfunction

Strangecross

just got a copy of Wolves Among Sheep from Milan, Italy to RI, USA very fast.
I may not have ordered if I noticed it was from Italy, but, it got here in 5-6 days with DHL.

Bruitiste

Still on waiting on a package from Old Europa Cafe that shipped in February.  The tracking stops on March 5th.

Tesco already said they can't ship to Canada so that's been on hold a while too, waiting for one there.

Otherwise seem to be getting packages from the US ok or with some delay.

FreakAnimalFinland

In Finland things are almost back to normal. Still South America, Australia and bunch of overseas destinations are closed. From europe, there are odd countries like Portugal where can't send mail at the moment. Otherwise things are normalizing.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

impulse manslaughter

A package from the UK to Holland arrived in 2 days last week. I'm just waiting for 2 packages from the USA that were send out 4/5 weeks ago..

Bleak Existence

package from  usa to canada take age to show up i still wait for a fuzz i ordered april 4

MyrtleLake

USA seems to me is drastically inconsistent right now. I don't know if it has to do with individual facilities or changes in carrier movement throughout the country or just the fact that the funding is in doldrums without help in sight from the federal government. Most packages I have had move surprisingly well. Others get stuck. I have one package from the UK that literally reached the US and was processed through customs domestically in one day. It hasn't moved since then in three weeks. It was processed through customs less than twenty miles from where I live.

holy ghost

I ordered that new Caustic Wound LP from Profound Lore on Thursday night and it arrived Saturday morning. I would be unlikely to take a chance ordering internationally at this point though which has been great for my finances.

Soloman Tump

My zine got to Sweden from the UK really quick, no hassle.