Current Mail / Postage situation due to Covid-19

Started by WCN, March 27, 2020, 03:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilst-de

Waiting for a package from Singapur since nearly 6 weeks. The sender said he was informed about problems of the German postal service.
All other stuff arrived as usual. Looks like the packages I mailed to other countries all arrived without delays.

Cementimental

UK Royal Mail operating as normal so far. Signed-for packages get delivered without an actual signature. 'Going to post things' is not specifically listed under the things you're permitted to leave the house for but can do so during 'exercise' or going to buy food i guess?

absurdexposition

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 28, 2020, 07:41:31 AM
If there are no planes for priority mail, they'll just use trucks instead.

Quote from: Cementimental on March 28, 2020, 01:39:21 PM
Signed-for packages get delivered without an actual signature.

Canada Post has removed their guaranteed delivery times, and will also be ignoring signature requests.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

wilst-de

From Germany you can only send letters or parcels to the USA.
Parcel shipping costs + 16 Euro Corona fee = nearly 40 Euro.

WCN

Quote from: wilst-de on April 01, 2020, 10:03:55 PM

Seems DHL "Premium" packages are also available, but this starts at €55 for up to 5kg, so single orders seem to be out for the moment... It will be interesting to see they offer their original Warenpost prices once things get "back to normal."
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

CannibalRitual

Quote from: wilst-de on April 01, 2020, 10:03:55 PM

Mail blocked for many countries, not only US:
https://www.deutschepost.de/de/c/coronavirus.html#international

absurdexposition

Canada Post reporting disruptions/lack of service to Middle East, far east, Russia, Southeast Asia, South America.

UK, Europe, Asia and USA all reporting normal (with delays).

UPS and FedEx in the US appear to be reducing operations as per a note from Canadian shipping service: "Effective immediately, we will be unable to accept any UPS or FedEx shipments due to closures with our U.S. partners."
Montreal, QC

minimal.impact

It comes as no surprise, however I was told today that international postage from Australia will likely take longer than usual. Domestic deliveries seems to be operating close to normal.

impulse manslaughter

Surprised to read about all the problems here. I've been shipping and receiving records as usual from Germany, UK and the USA over the last 2/3 weeks. Seems to be even faster than usual in some cases. Wouldn't send to or order from Italy or Spain though.

absurdexposition

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on April 03, 2020, 02:29:46 PM
Spain

At work we had a returned package from Spain early on. It was marked as undeliverable given current situation, but Canada Post will send it again free of charge when it's over which is a surprising move.

Since then the Spain restriction seems to have been lifted.
Montreal, QC

Soloman Tump

I have a zine to post to Sweden tomorrow and I am not expecting any delays.
I sent one out to the phillipines a couple of weeks ago and it actually reached there ok.

I would be a bit hesitant to send to Spain / Italy at present, although from recent history I have worst experience of zines getting "lost" domestically through the UK system.

holy ghost

I decided to shut down my discogs store. I had a ton of orders the first week of the pandemic, then it's slowed to a crawl this week. I quite frankly am enjoying not packing shit up and not dealing with total wads. I may or may not start it up again!

Theodore

I recieved from UK, Germany, Sweden this week. All without significant delay given what's happening. But we have stopped accepting flights from many countries lately, my orders were before that, from now on i expect big delays ! Actualy, i ll avoid to order or any order to be shipped. Better my stuff to wait at someone's home than at a logistic center. Since i believe postal services will wait before they decide to use alternative ways than their usual flights.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Stipsi

I live in the Italian most infected zone and nothing is arriving.
I can't go to postal service, or better, i can go only for necessities (and shipping discs is not).
I m waiting for some packages from one month and I'm not sure they would arrive.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

evilxskin

I bought a record from US. Which was shipped 27th March. After that it has been flying between Miami and Chicago airports. Currently it sits in Chicago. Looks bad, migth be a long wait before it finds it way to Finland.

Just checked the Finnish post situation. From here you cannot send anything outside Europe except China. Some countries in Europe it's not possible either, like to Portugal.