Medical books

Started by tiny_tove, February 16, 2011, 02:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny_tove

I start this thread with a request.
Does anybody know the title of the Forensic medicine book used by Carcass for Symphonie of sickness and by many others (I am pretty sure Murder Corporation to name one). I saw it a couple of times many years ago,  but I really can't remember the title.
I am talking about the one with full color images, hardcover, i think brown cover, but not sure about that.
I am not talking about the almighty weiman & prokop, which I own in two different editions now.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

FreakAnimalFinland

I guess it was mr. Vulpes who guided one other fellow noisehead in Helsinki to score this book for professionals to recognize the marks of abuse and rape? I have wrote about it before online, on some forums. You see it for sale for pretty high prices, but should be sole focus on color photo evidence of how women and children look like after they've been raped and abused, incl. full on damaged genital studies. One would think such book is pretty nasty to be sold to wrong hands, but I guess being sold by medical book stores for price of 100,- and up, it would go primarily to doctors?

To me, most interesting are the old ones with focus on use of old medical instruments. I got some of the finnish and german 20's and upwards.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

tiny_tove

I will comment more later regarding these and will check for that book you mentioned. I think the images I have in mind are more from the 80's than the 70's, but will keep you updated -and one more to add to my collection.
Yes I think there was a similar thread on the troniks forum, and maybe I had already posted the same question eh.
Last week I have purchased the second copy of the notorious weimann&prokop. It became a classic because the extreme expressionism of the pictures made them look like art photos, but also since it featured an extensive section of auto-erotic fatalities and sex crimes.
The book was so impressive when it was released that an Italian "artist" created an installation/exhibition in Florence entitled "Atlante di Medicina Legale" that can be see in Armando Crispono's flick Macchie Solari.
Marco Corbelli used a lot of many images from that book.
The first version I got I discovered was unoriginal. Some crazy fuck reprinted it printing it in off-set, with excellent result, but with that laser/xerox result that was good for zines and not for proper releases.
This copy I am getting now originally belonged to a teacher and includes many extra slides he printed for his lessons.

I actually own a series of book regarding skin deseas - I had one that doctors at first believed could have been something life threatening to then discover it was just a very strong psycosomatic thing - with plenty of VD effects.
Then I have a couple of very strong books related to mouth deaseases and harelips.

There was a very nice and expensive book related only to bullet wounds. But I had to sell it.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

bitewerksMTB

All the medical imagery I've used for collages come from medical books I've found nearly destroyed or pretty much falling apart. I've made'em worse by tearing the images out as pages were falling out anyway. Topics are burns, gyno, skin diseases/dermatology. I'llhave to dig though the pile to get titles; some are in Spanish (one is huge & looks completely xeroxed- weird kid on the Insidious & Alone cover is out of this book). Almost all of them are very old. I have a bunch of crime scene/forensic books too (THE SEXUAL CRIMINAL by de River is highly recommended).

kettu

siikalan jukka, the artist interviewed in a previous issue of the si zine talked about having a decent collection. he especially seemed to like old russian ones. very gruesome imagery in colour. one he mentioned was a step by step amputation with the blood looking extra red against the skin like often is the case in older film.

I suppose his collection has paid of as I saw one fresh painting of his and there were lots of shiny organs in painfull detail.

does freakanimal himself have any finnish racialhygiene/eugenics books with images that were popular( well more than nowdays hah) back in the day. I recollect a document or something concerning those things. very enjoyable made more so by the fact that those things were happening in very recent times

bitewerksMTB

One of the old books I have has a bunch of weird drawings of retarded/physically challenged children in rather sexy-type poses...

FreakAnimalFinland

My old racial hygiene books are text only. Was it 1916 when this program was officially voted to take effect in Finland? I have some first ever finnish language medical book for big circulation. Of course not first edition, but it's surprising how late the professionals adapted own language. Before it, book were just mainly written in... german and latin? Especially section about VD is nice, when they didn't yet have words for many diseases.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

kettu

thats cool, do you recollect the name of it, so I can be on the lookout.
being so poor its taken me a long time to find a few places in helsinki that sell used medicalbooks( im sure theres many I havent yet discovered).

I think they castrated retards etc here at least in to the 60s Im blanking out on exact dates but recently india just elevated its status in my eyes when I read they were doing it still in the 80s!! the goverment also paid people to get snipped.

im going to offtopic this a little bit: ive been following a discussion in helsingin sanomat where the readers write to the paper to be released: the subject of my intrest being artificial incemination and those treatments to cure baron cum and fannies and I got to say that those involved need to be beaten with a stick.
all the people writing in to say they had it done are always anonomys and if I had to be in their presence I would consider suicide just to exit the conversation. this topic is one of the few things im willing shout over so its been fun to read their woe is me letters and fume by myself

just to make it clear: im somewhat against procreation and definetly against testtube babies.

bitewerksMTB

Eugenics books I've seen were only text too.

My local library has a huge sale every November to raise money for improvements & I always find med. bks.; paperbacks are $1 & hardcovers are $1.50. No sales tax either so usually score something good. Some things are pretty beat up though.

Someone pointed me to the veneral disease book DDV used for his tape/booklet (needs a reissue!) on amazon. It was under $10 but I never ordered.

narcolepsia

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on February 18, 2011, 09:24:14 PM
Eugenics books I've seen were only text too.

My local library has a huge sale every November to raise money for improvements & I always find med. bks.; paperbacks are $1 & hardcovers are $1.50. No sales tax either so usually score something good. Some things are pretty beat up though.

Someone pointed me to the veneral disease book DDV used for his tape/booklet (needs a reissue!) on amazon. It was under $10 but I never ordered.

what´s the book ?

trashritual

DDV "A Sound Atlas Of Venereology" used imagery from A Colour Atlas Of Venereology, Haut Und Geschlechtskrankheiten IV, Visites Cliniques and Revue de Dermatologie. Reissue will be announced soon via the Club Moral Archive CD series on Trash Ritual.

bitewerksMTB

Awesome that's getting reissued. Book aint' cheap on amazon. Wish I'd picked it up! Fuck.

Ashmonger

Quote from: niko penttinen on February 18, 2011, 08:31:03 AMI think they castrated retards etc here at least in to the 60s Im blanking out on exact dates but recently india just elevated its status in my eyes when I read they were doing it still in the 80s!! the goverment also paid people to get snipped.
National Geographic had an article about the world population last month, where they talked about the sterilisation program of India as well.
In 1976 en 1977 eight milion people were sterilised, of which about 6 milion by men. Officers had to get quota, and in some parts families could only get a new home or welfare if either the man or woman were sterilised. It even happened that the police arrested poor people and brought them to sterilisation camps.
Now India still motivates people to get sterilised, it's mostly done by women but they want more men to do it, because it's easier, faster and cheaper.

kettu

oh thats nice. I didnt realize it was still an official stance but what with 1.2 billion people I guess baby making is not part of humanrights like it is here.
what I didnt manage to write due to foming from the mouth in that incoherent bit about artificial incemination in finland is that I believe large parts are payed with taxmoney.
I dont understand how they slipped that past with all the other medical breakthroughs, by the way we can make expencive babies for people who dont want to adopt foreign genes, lol why?!

cafedepresso

I am fascinated by old medical book so I want to share this image with likeminded. It is scanned cover of Russian medical book from 1907. The condition is bad, lot of mold spots and dirt allover. Somehow perfect.