COVID-19

Started by tiny_tove, March 10, 2020, 03:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Yrjö-Koskinen on April 06, 2020, 11:37:11 PM
I was under the impression that part of the policy was to push the problem ahead, as hospitals have lower occupancy rates in summer, field hospitals can be built, supplies of ventilators increased and other equipment, better faster testing etc. I don't think it was ever posited, certainly in the UK, that the epidemic can be prevented as no vaccines yet exist and trials of remedial drugs take months to complete.

Absolutely, but my comment was about the high number of COVID-19 deaths in Sweden. Few of these are caused by any overload of the health care system (there are, after all, some restrictions which have "flattened the curve" to some degree). The argument being made in Sweden is that other countries will have the same number of deaths/capita - at least - before there is some cure/vaccine available, so it's stupid to close down half of the economy just to push those deaths ahead. It makes sense to a point, but might also be insane. It's all a matter of models...

Quote from: Cementimental on April 06, 2020, 11:52:44 PM
Also Sweden has good universal heathcare, not an NHS deliberately near-destroyed by the very people patronisingly telling us to 'save the NHS' and sending us to our rooms without any supper for sitting in the sun for 5 minutes, nor whatever hilariously deranged cyberpunk healthcare nightmare you guys have going on in the USA.
Swedish health care is somewhat overrated by the Anglo-Saxon left. It has huge problems, with long queues, efficiency problems and so on. I don't say that for ideological reasons - believe it or not I generally support "universal health care". Defense against disease is fundamentally a state matter of the same type as military defense, policing and border control. Given the explosion of restrictions in the world since COVID-19 came around, it is clear that everyone else thinks the same once the push comes to shove (no-one is calling for free choice and the market to handle the pandemic, much like no-one would call for those things to handle an invasion by the Chinese or whatever). Still, the Swedish health care system wouldn't be much of an explanation for low death rates even if Sweden had low death rates (which it doesn't).
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

Theodore

The health system overload fear proving to be somewhat overated ! Since we dont have a cure to apply yet. For the most cases either your body will fight the virus or nothing will help much. It's a fight you fight alone. 90% mortality rate for those in intensive care ! https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86101 . Dont know what's the general stats for the world, i doubt mortality rate for those in intensive care will be that high everywhere but i guess wont be much lower either.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

tiny_tove

Italy is re-opening several activities but is giving completely idiocy and contradictions. People are starting being morons and doctors are pushing to stay in anyway...

There are improvements, but this premature opening may turn into a disaster.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

absurdexposition

Many stores, elementary schools, daycares will be reopening May 4th and May 11th here in Quebec. They're saying April 19th was our peak with 997 new cases that day. 775 new cases today.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Bleak Existence

yeah we are a bunch of cobaye in this re open shit

Electro Surgeon

So happy my grandparents decided to leave Italy and come to Australia after world war 2.

98 deaths in total for the whole country

Helps being a island far from the rest of the world.

Hope everyone else is safe and doing ok!!

INNERCITY UPRISING RECORDS
AUSTRALIAN NOISE AND PUNK

WhiteWarlock

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

BlackSunAndSteel

Quote from: WhiteWarlock on May 17, 2020, 08:28:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn3EE7EMfXc&feature=emb_title
I don't know much about this Bill Gates / COVID / 5g conspiracy but how is reducing world population bad? It's the worst environmental and existential threat there is as of this day. Also if you're so against vaccines just don't take them?
Morality interests me little with this.

To say that its not real, well then my guy I don't know how to explain all that expensive modular gear I got these days.

I'd rather dominate then be moral in the shadows living by a code thats looking to be outdated.

Ashmonger

Quote from: BlackSunAndSteel on May 17, 2020, 10:29:20 AM
I don't know much about this Bill Gates / COVID / 5g conspiracy but how is reducing world population bad? It's the worst environmental and existential threat there is as of this day. Also if you're so against vaccines just don't take them?
I was thinking about this too. In general, reducing world population wouldn't be bad. If you think deeper, the reasons behind it might make a big difference. You can say this because of worries about the environment etc. Or, this is a bit more complicated, people like Bill Gates might indeed realise that an exploding world population is going to cause tons of problems, which will end with catastrophy in which he might loose all his wealth and power as well. So, he plans a bit more long term and wants to keep the population a bit lower, so that he can ensure his power and wealth.
As for vaccines, some vaccines are obligated, so not taking them is not an option. I'm not really against that, but it is a way in which companies can take power over the population, especially with how things go in a lot of countries these days, i.e. that governments like having done as much as possible by private companies.

Strangecross

I would hope that Bill Gates would be dead by the time the population explosion really catches up to us so I am not so sure about these points!

seventhcircle

Quote from: BlackSunAndSteel on May 17, 2020, 10:29:20 AM
A reduction in the world population wouldn't mean much, with the same people still in power.
nothing is precious, bastardize everything

WCN

Can a sane person thoroughly explain the Bill Gates theory to me please?
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

JLIAT

Quote from: WCN on May 18, 2020, 07:39:00 PM

No sane person can...

WW2 gives 70-85 million deaths, Covid so far +300,000 so Gates has got some way to go to beat Adolf &Co. And given this WW2 figure, not a blip in the population growth graph.

Ischaemic heart disease and stroke deaths 2016  25 million
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease claimed 3.0 million
Diabetes killed 1.6 million people in 2016
Road injuries killed 1.4 million people in 2016
Smoking (tobacco) 7.5 million....

So maybe giving the third world access to cars and cigarettes would be a better ploy?

Strangecross

Quote from: JLIAT on May 18, 2020, 07:53:45 PM

No sane person can...

WW2 gives 70-85 million deaths, Covid so far +300,000 so Gates has got some way to go to beat Adolf &Co. And given this WW2 figure, not a blip in the population growth graph.

Ischaemic heart disease and stroke deaths 2016  25 million
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease claimed 3.0 million
Diabetes killed 1.6 million people in 2016
Road injuries killed 1.4 million people in 2016
Smoking (tobacco) 7.5 million....

So maybe giving the third world access to cars and cigarettes would be a better ploy?

Again, I bring up life span. Number of deaths from _____ obviously does not effect world population. The only way to control world population is to stop births. Duration of life does not matter and birth rates spike after wars and whatnot.
Population would most likely be lower if ww2 never happened.

Cementimental

Well you know how email scammers will actually pretend to be Nigerian, and cook up the most unbelievable sob story possible, in order to make sure that only the most extremely gullible will reply to their emails?