Started by Found Remains, January 24, 2020, 04:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Found Remains

AVAILABLE NOW FOR PRE-ORDER
-
FOUND REMAINS SHIPS WORLDWIDE
-

Himukalt's Vulgar CD

Found Remains is proud to present the rerelease of the long sold out Himukalt album, Vulgar, on pro Digipak CD. Originally released on cassette in 2017 by No Rent Records, Vulgar has been remastered by Grant Richardson (Gnawed). It includes two new songs for the format, "Not In This Body," originally released on the Through a Glass Darkly compilation cassette, and "Want You To See Me (The Voyeur Tapes #15)," an exclusive bonus song. The CD release also features new collage work by the artist accompanied by a 16 page booklet.

Vulgar marked a turning point for Himukalt's Ester Kärkkäinen, the artist behind the fervent industrial noise project. Having already released a couple of stellar albums on labels such as The Helen Scarsdale Agency and Angst, within a year no less, Himukalt honed the aggression and desperation of her previous works into a brooding album of aural confessions. Reflections of Atrax Morgue and Genocide Organ can be heard throughout Vulgar, but the sonic dynamics and the pacing of the album is what makes Vulgar so unique. With very personal lyrics purposefully buried under all the rumble as if to still keep some distance between the artist and listener, Vulgar only continues to grow in depth and strength with time.

PURCHASE HERE

-

Kjostad's Environment Electronics CD

Found Remains is proud to present the rerelease of the sold out full length Kjostad album, Environment Electronics, on pro Digipak CD. Originally released on cassette in 2018, Environment Electronics has been remastered by Grant Richardson (Gnawed). It includes two new songs for the format, "Regression," originally released on the Through a Glass Darkly compilation cassette, and "Arrowhead Killer," an exclusive bonus song. The CD release also features completely new artwork.

Ithaca, NY's Kjostad brings forth another panoramic display of nature woven with layers of carefully arranged static textures on Environment Electronics. Kjostad is the moniker of Stefan Aune who is also responsible for the frantic harsh noise project Breaking The Will, in addition to running the prolific New Forces label. Where Breaking The Will ambushes the listener with guerilla noise tactics, Kjostad utilizes the same deft hand for a more organic tapestry of man-made and natural sonics. Capturing the sounds in locales such as rural Wyoming and Minnesota, Aune takes these moments and introduces layers of electronics and magnetic tape, not just blending the two but utilizing the strong qualities of both to achieve an even more impactful statement that expresses the ultimate power of pure sound. Humans will create civilizations only for them to be eventually consumed by sand and vines. (Text by Luke Tandy)

PURCHASE HERE

-

Himukalt's Vulgar CD (Art Editions 1-12)

Found Remains & Himukalt are proud to present twelve unique art editions of Vulgar! Each art edition is a one of a kind xerox collage by the artist, Ester Kärkkäinen (Himukalt), on a 12x12 archival board. Hand signed in gold ink. Comes with a copy of the Vulgar CD.

PURCHASE HERE

--
All orders ship 2/24/20

Plenty of domestic and international distros will be getting copies of both releases. A list will be provided in a few weeks.

If any distros are interested in stocking Kjostad's Environment Electronics, then please get in touch at foundremains@gmail.com; no trades. Sorry but Himukalt's Vulgar is unavailable for wholesale.

Thanks

Hatefukk

Had to grab one of the art editions! Absolutely beautiful!

Soloman Tump

Ordered both CDs, not heard this particular Himukalt release before.

I have a digital version of the Kjostad (and the t-shirt!) so the CD will complete the suite.  It was this release in particular (and Glacial Lake) that opened my eyes to this particular style of abusing field recordings.

Hatefukk

I'm surprised that there are any of the special art versions left.  Just think about how rare these beauties are, you can own one of 12 and your copy is one of a kind.  Now I just have to find a way to convince the wife to let me proudly display the art in our home.

Found Remains

Quote from: Soloman Tump on January 30, 2020, 03:38:44 PM
Ordered both CDs, not heard this particular Himukalt release before.

I have a digital version of the Kjostad (and the t-shirt!) so the CD will complete the suite.  It was this release in particular (and Glacial Lake) that opened my eyes to this particular style of abusing field recordings.

Thanks for the support! The new audio master and artwork for Environment Electronics brings out so much more from an already amazing album. You won't be disappointed.

Quote from: Hatefukk on January 30, 2020, 08:05:56 PM
I'm surprised that there are any of the special art versions left.  Just think about how rare these beauties are, you can own one of 12 and your copy is one of a kind.  Now I just have to find a way to convince the wife to let me proudly display the art in our home.

Three of the twelve have sold and I think the rest will sell out once the CD is ready to ship. Thank you for the purchase and I agree, Ester's collage work has only gotten stronger and more unique. The booklet of collages that accompanies the CD only proves it. Can't wait for everybody to see it.

Found Remains

CDs ARE NOW SHIPPING!

The following distros have copies (UPDATED 3/6):

USA
Klaxon Records
Monomer Audio Emporium
Phage Tapes (Kjostad only)
Self Abuse Records
Skeleton Dust Records

CA
Scream & Writhe

EU
Old Europa
Tesco
White Centipede Noise

Japan
Art Into Life
Disk Union

Kjostad CD is available for wholesale for labels and distros interested. Please get in touch!

Himukalt isn't available for wholesale.
---

Catch Kjostad live on his mini tour with Shredded Nerve next month. Kjostad will have plenty of artist copies of the EE CD for sale at the shows.

Thanks

Hatefukk

Just got notification that my special art edition is on it's way!  Can't wait to see it all up close and personal like.  Thanks again for the amazing release! 

Found Remains

Cheers and thank you! They are truly special when you see them in person.

Eight artist editions are still left and will ship this coming week to any orders placed.

GoTreadGo

Beautiful packaging on the Himukalt disc (received mine yesterday) and the contents are stellar. I love this label, consistently great stuff.

Found Remains

QuoteBeautiful packaging on the Himukalt disc (received mine yesterday) and the contents are stellar. I love this label, consistently great stuff.

Thank you kindly!

The art edition of Himukalt's Vulgar will only be on sale until this Friday evening and then they will be taken down forever per the artist's request. Only seven left, each one of a kind.

I've updated the distro list too.

Thanks.

Soloman Tump

Hatefukk

Received my art copy yesterday.  The original artwork is stunning and has found a prominent place on my mantle.  The cd itself has gorgeous packaging too.  Really high quality materials and more of the amazing collage artwork in the booklet as well.  The album itself is amazing, as we all already knew, but this new packaging for it really does it justice.  I will definitely be keeping my eye on this label and their future projects.

Found Remains

Cheers Hatefukk. Expect new releases thing coming Friday!

Phage Tapes will have copies of the Kjostad CD soon.

Himukalt's Vulgar CD is running low in stock and there will not be a repress.

Thank you again for all the support.

Soloman Tump

I enjoy the Himukalt album - very raw.  The collage work is great too but it is the sounds that I purchased this for.  For someone like me who is fairly "new" to the industrial / noise worlds I appreciate the effort that goes into making these tracks, with the layers of field recordings littered throughout.

With Kjostad I knew what I was getting - I had the digital version from a couple of years ago. Has it been remastered for CD as originally this was a tape release? It sounds initially different to my ears but maybe thats just my ears....  The bonus tracks are a great addition.