RIP Simon Morris (Smell & Quim, Ceramic Hobs) aka HongKongGoolagong

Started by Cementimental, December 16, 2019, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cementimental

RIP Simon https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/body-pulled-from-river-wyre-is-missing-poulton-man-simon-morris-1-10163902

QuoteHas anyone heard from Simon Morris since sat dec 7th? He hasn't been seen since then (in Blackpool UK) and friends and family are really worried. Full infos, please let people know if you have had any contact with him:

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/family-of-missing-man-simon-morris-issue-emotional-plea-for-him-to-come-home-1-10156593

rocksoff

Feels a little silly to chime in on someone I only "knew" through lurking this forum, but I always enjoyed reading his posts in the "what are you reading" and Sotos threads, always insightful and clearly demanding of the things he read. Rest in peace.

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: rocksoff on December 20, 2019, 01:38:18 PM
Feels a little silly to chime in on someone I only "knew" through lurking this forum, but I always enjoyed reading his posts in the "what are you reading" and Sotos threads, always insightful and clearly demanding of the things he read. Rest in peace.

Yeah, much like Keith he was one of the best contributors on here. and the one time I saw Smell & Quim he was in the line up and it was fucking insane. RIP.

david lloyd jones

Duncan

Like a bullet to the stomach. So horribly sad to see this news.

He will be remembered by many for a long time to come.

totalblack

Absolutely horrible news. Simon was a great guy, this is so tragic.

cantle

I liked Ceramic Hobbs since the late 1990s... Rocksoff pretty much speaks for me on this sad news though. RIP

EXU

He was the best poster here on SI when he was active, and such a bright man on all platforms, I regret not reading his books and talking more with him when he was alive, will be extremely missed... R.I.P. legend.

Peterson

Just an all-around amazing, irreplacable person whose creative and personal support I'm now forever indebted to. Rest in peace to this one-of-a-kind special soul. Love and memory always.

absurdexposition

Not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning. He was becoming a literary force and will be missed.‬
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

yosef666

This is just awful. I always enjoyed reading his posts here, his other works and the very occasional email. Very sad day.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

Andrew McIntosh

Certainly one of the more interesting and knowleagable contributors to this forum, like the late Keith. Respect to his memory.
Shikata ga nai.