MANIA: Suspension of all future activities

Started by bitewerksMTB, September 19, 2019, 02:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekastaka

Horrible news. All of his projects are hugely influential to me. His dedication to his craft really showed in the attention to detail in both music and visual compositions. Absolute legend. Rest in power.

Aplerbeck

Quote from: PatrykP1980 on December 03, 2019, 08:27:38 PMTogether with Mania / Taint / Human Skin Lanterns / BizarreϟϟMania / Bitewerks one of the greatest artist of the harsh noise / industrial / power electronics scene...

Indeed, I can't think of a better way of putting it. A huge loss to the scene.
I've been listening to his releases over the last couple of days and there is no chance Keith will be forgotten.

Inspirational/legend/master of his craft.    

R.I.P.

martialgodmask

Soloman Tump

So I am a newb to his work.
Where should I start?

RIP

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

pelle

Absolutely terrible news.
Taint was one of the first noiseacts I heard when I first started listening to it.
Rest in peace Keith!
All thoughts to your friends and family.

yosef666

I just heard the new from a friend now. Keith is a goddamn legend. One of the few standing at the absolute pinnacle of noise for decades. Great guy to boot. Rest in power brother, you will be missed.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

Aplerbeck

Quote from: Soloman Tump on December 06, 2019, 09:43:37 AM
So I am a newb to his work.
Where should I start?

RIP

I'd say 'Indecent Liberties' is solid starting point and probably the easiest of the TAINT albums to find right now because it was re-released fairly recently by 'Freak Animal/Industrial Recollections' if you just wanted to dive straight in?

Justmeat.
Perverse.
Whoredom.
Misogynist Lust.
Vice.
Sex Sick.
Nicole 12 & Taint 'Candyman' (*)

Are all powerful, bench mark albums. I'm sure if you put any of these titles in a search on YouTube you'll find plenty of clips to check out.
Personally, I say just dive into any and all of Keith's projects.  

(*) also recently re-released.  

Frataxin

RIP Keith. We only communicated a few times, wish I had the balls to talk to you beyond asking you to do a release on my label. Tremendously influential to me and my project, to say the least. I've heard rumors of a few final recordings of Keith's coming together, very excited for that. I will say also that All Aftermath, the C30 he did on Freak Animal, is just fucking incredible. It's almost as if he knew he was going to die, it's a perfect embodiment of everything that Mania was: sheer fucking perfection.

End of an era.

totalblack

The Skin Crime tribute to Taint at Hospital Fest was heart wrenching- really intense and just immediately silenced the audience. He was an irreplaceable figure in the underground. I've got copies of the final (?) Mania tape on Self Abuse available now.

And if anyone is curious- his mother is aware of all paid royalties and donations and is going to be receiving all of the funds in his PayPal account

Neons Fanzine

As a tribute, I'd like to share a video I made for Keith after we talked about documentaries on hookers among other things few years back
It's for the track "City Girls Do It For 30 Bucks" from Indecent Liberties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aqAchrRzYc&t=63s

While writing this, I checked his last email few days before his death and finished it writing "take it easy! Write anytime, I'll be here... KEITH".
It still feels weird even know I've never met him. Seemed to be a really nice guy.

frustrated dissector

A portion of my streaming radio show will be devoted to music by and related to Keith Brewer.  Check out the Facebook event here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2624929457596451

10 PM Central US Standard Time Monday night - 1 AM Central US Standard Time Tuesday morning. http://ktru.org

HESalvo

What shitty news to come back and read. Absolutely one of the best to do it.   
HESALVO (formerly PureStench) : http://hesalvo.weebly.com