MANIA: Suspension of all future activities

Started by bitewerksMTB, September 19, 2019, 02:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xtematic

XTC

impulse manslaughter

Goddamned! Taint was among the first noise acts I discovered. Liked every release I heard since and Keith was certainly one of the good guys as far as I'm concerned.

PatrykP1980

R.I.P. Keith...  :(

Together with Mania / Taint / Human Skin Lanterns / BizarreϟϟMania / Bitewerks one of the greatest artist of the harsh noise / industrial / power electronics scene...

Vitrufen

pentd

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

Strangecross

Quote from: PatrykP1980 on December 03, 2019, 08:27:38 PM
R.I.P. Keith...  :(

Together with Mania / Taint / Human Skin Lanterns / BizarreϟϟMania / Bitewerks one of the greatest artist of the harsh noise / industrial / power electronics scene...

Total Slitting of Throats / Edwige as well.

I think that the influence of TAINT is unfathomable and could never be undermined.

As far as Keith's recent activity, his part of correspondence and output will leave an open gape in the 'scene' that no one could fill

PuddysJacket

seventhcircle

Keith's project TAINT was my first introduction to truly dark and brooding power electronics.. initially it was too much for me. Now it regularly plays on youtube (I could never afford secondary market prices for the releases i'd like to own, but this doesn't matter).

My thoughts and condolences are with those who were close to Keith, and his family. Its really heart warming to see that people held him in high regard not only for his creative output, but also as a human being. Rest in Peace/Power!
nothing is precious, bastardize everything

ligature impression

Quote from: Strangecross on December 04, 2019, 12:51:36 AM
I think that the influence of TAINT is unfathomable and could never be undermined.
As far as Keith's recent activity, his part of correspondence and output will leave an open gape in the 'scene' that no one could fill
Mania, Taint, collabs and anonymous one-off projects have always been some of my favorites, Mania especially. An undeniable inspiration in large form of any music I've ever done. A massive loss to anyone who listened to or corresponded with him. RIP

muppet1

Early on in my listening, Keith's work and his myriad collaborations spurred a deeper investment into idea and subject-driven noise and ultimately inspired me to try at making my own. I'll miss the unabashed enthusiasm which came through in his posts on the board. His unpretentious support of the contemporary scene was inspiring. Rest in peace, Keith. What a body of work to leave behind.

frustrated dissector

Sad news indeed.  Keith was a great guy to hang with and very encouraging when I started making noise back around 1999.  As for his work, its greatness speaks for itself.

Bloated Slutbag

The mania of vision is positively infectious. And will never die.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag